Great Bologna Sammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Bologna Sammy

Never thought I'd say that about a bologna sandwich, but after smelling the aroma of smoking butts for several hours, I was getting darn hungry. Wanted something quick and easy. Bologna sammy it was. Then an idea hit me.

Bread, mayo, couple slices of bologna and healthy layer of hot fridge pickles. Kinda like pickle loaf on steroids. Hehe.

The pickles are just cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper and onions. Usually make these sweeter and lately been adding hot peppers. This time it was habanero. Keep a jar going all summer long. As I eat them, I'll add more. That's why some have a little different color to them.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

I Bet that rocked RR...... Gotta try them pickles
    sigpic

Comment

That's a serious looking Bologna Sandwich RR. I got to try that...
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

That sure sounds yummo, I would love some of those pickles! I got a jar of pickles from Billie (Mrs Uncle Honky) I have to leave it alone for another 3 weeks... but they look sooooo inviting, they seem to be screaming "eat me"... I hate the wait! I gotta make some pickles!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I'm of fer that Double R!.... I gotta make some more pickles...grand daughter wears em out!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I do same thing with the cuccs all summer...Mighty fine sandwich RR...

Comment

That sounds really good, Ray. I do hope that was on sourdough bread.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                That sounds really good, Ray. I do hope that was on sourdough bread.
                No, unfortunately all I had was plain old white bread. Oh well. Next time.

Love these stupid pickles. Been eating them since childhood. So simple too. Give them a try. They'll definitely liven up a boring bologna sammy. Have another idea for them too.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                X