Bacon Wrapped Dove Breasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon Wrapped Dove Breasts

I drug my trailer to my Stepdads for a few days.While there I drank copious amounts of beer and hunted Doves.I got home Sunday and boned out the breasts.Picked some japs out of the garden and wrapped half the breast pieces with bacon only and the other half with bacon and a 1/4" slice of jap.Grilled it over Mesquite lump and a couple small pieces of Nectarine.When they were done drizzled Yoshidas over them.(That was for you Ronp)They turned out really good the wife even liked themThanks for looking everybody. Raymond
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Now that is some good eats right there. I haven't had Dove since we lived in El Paso. Going to try it here in Mn this year. I have a recipe that we made down there, similar to yours. If your interested, send me a pm.

RonP would be proud of you
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Those are some great looking treats. I had to give you just for being able to hit one of those damn things.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Dang those look delish!!

Tom

Comment

those have gotta be tasty!
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Those are one of Texas-Hunter's favorites- calls 'em Texas junebugs...heh! Love to try them out, but dove ain't legal here...
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks for the comments and points Guy's.They are a nice treat In Sept.
              sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Man those look Awesome!... Never had Dove, but maybe with Pheasant?.... Gotta love the Weber, and Nectarine eh?... That's a new one... How do you like it?
                sigpic

Comment

It has a really sweet smell.It is my current fave of the fruit woods
                  sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

You definetly live up to your username...Looks fantastic.

Comment

Nice

Looks and sounds tasty, and a tip of the hat to Ron P, with using some Yoshidas...

GOSM
                      K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                      Digital Thermometers
                      Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                      140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Thems is one of my favorites and seasons comin up soon down here!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

WOW those look great!
                          sigpic

Comment

never had dove before , but those little morsels look mighty tasty
                            sigpic
                            homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Damn fine job Bud. Don't get Yoshidas up here in the great white north. to ya for a fine snack...
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X