Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribeyes and Roasted APT's

Oh yeah - Awesome Poblano Turds!

Thought I would share this - tried a new process with the poblano's after having them stuffed over at Keith's last weekend.

Fresh picked these outta the garden, canoed them, carved out the seeds, then stuffed with smoked gouda, cheddar, shrooms, and a pat of butter.

Canoed with the stems on - they made great handles for putting on, moving around, and taking off.

Sprayed with cooking oil, and dusted with garlic salt, and stuffed

On a hot grill

These cooked up extremely fast - I'm guessing 7 to 10 minutes tops - caught me off guard, so I plated them and held them in the microwave on warm.

Here they are fresh pulled - the salt stuck very well and crisped up just a bit.

And my dinner along with more shrooms, some of the Mrs's pasta salad, and some fresh corn.

So... I know I went on and on, but I just think poblano's are awesome. I'm fairly new to them, just happened to get some last year and really like them. They are great for this type of fresh roasting because they have extremely thin skin that does not "toughen up" like an anahem. If you haven't, I highly recommend you give these a try, or grow them if you have a garden.

Thanks for checking out my post.
    Tracey

Bravo Tracey!!..... I have had "ABT's" with Pablanos before and they are great!.... I thought your style of cleaning them was called "Kayaking"..lol... Great Meal pics and post!... Now I wanna grow some...
    sigpic

Comment

Great looking meal, Tracey. Made my bowl of elk chili seem a little inferior.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        Great looking meal, Tracey. Made my bowl of elk chili seem a little inferior.
        Thanks, Keith - I'm sure your elk chili was some fine grub.. especially with the weather cooling off like it is.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Bravo Tracey!!..... I have had "ABT's" with Pablanos before and they are great!.... I thought your style of cleaning them was called "Kayaking"..lol... Great Meal pics and post!... Now I wanna grow some...
        LMAO - yeah Scott, I just wouldn't try motor-boat'em

Comment

Ya know, I like Poblano peppers but never thought about making them into PBT's. Great idea. And they are nice and big so you can load them up inside with all kinds of tasty goodies.
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

great lookin meal tracey.........i love roasted chilis with a good steak!
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Great meal man....I am dealing homegrown pepper points if i got them.......

Comment

Working...
              X