Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Review....Kettle Pizza/Attachment

BIL bought this......http://kettlepizza.com/

Didnt realize there were ulterior motives when i used it at sisters last sunday.....Doing a KCBS contest next weekend(with sis) and as change the KCBS part is sunday and 3 categories(optional) of grilling on saturday...Thought i would be skinny dipping in the lake etc.saturday with a drink...

Could be made at home easily...Worked good with homemade crusts...Said 600 degree and spin 1/2 way thru....on ten minute cook...700 degree with 2 funnels of lump worked much better..Got a real pizza stone and goona raise pizza to height of door....

Lily(10 year old sis's dog)

crust

Homemade crusts my mom style,fresh garden sauce,homemade pepper sausage and veggies herbs should do well...Then again they may be domino etc.folk(judges)

Pizza stone that came with it....

Bad pics,but pizza was good....Crust was crispy....Gonna practice again sunday...Redskins(me) vs Cowboys(sis,Bil)...Get the crust edges more symetrical etc.Didnt have enough toppings etc....We had been celebrating the fact we made the JACK night before...

All in all...Would be something very easy to make for a kettle....I have been doing them with similar results lately with a thinner crust on regular kettle...
    Last edited by ALX; 08-01-2011, 05:04 PM.

Nice review Alex The possibilities are endless with that extension. As soon as I snag a Weber kettle on CL, I'm ordering one up. Read everything on his site and I take my hat off to him for making Made in the USA a reality and not a fond memory
    Hope he can keep manufacturing here and not let retailers or anyone else call the shots in regards to what his product sells for.

sigpic
    New Braunfels Bandera
    New Braunfels Hondo
    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
    1-26" Weber Kettle
    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Pro! .............. Nice Q Benjamin..... I will take the Cowboys..... Good luck at the Jack & keep us posted...

Your Pal,

Silas
      sigpic

Comment

Cool setup....what happened to da stone I'll take da skins also! Oh...right nice pizza Herman!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Will a rotisserie work with this attachment? If it isn't made to yet, I can for see modding it for one.....
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
            Will a rotisserie work with this attachment? If it isn't made to yet, I can for see modding it for one.....
            I actually have the rotissorie insert webber makes....This pizza attachment is much thinner guage metal and bolts hold the 2 pieces together to make the circle(might be a bit weak for a large rotis piece of meat)....The rotissorie insert is much thicker and one piece circle....Probably to hold rod and meat better as it turns....

I just measured the webber rotis insert...It is 6.5 inches wide and had a lip at top with a small space for rotis bar to go threw both sides and a metal bracket to hold motor...

Was a cheap stone mike...couldnt handle the heat...I have a BGE one now
            Last edited by ALX; 09-11-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X