Globe meat slicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globe meat slicer

while in Fl. I stopped at a buds home in Jacksonville. him and his bud go to auctions and seems most of the stuff is from food service. I can not believe all the stuff they buy for cheap. his next door bud has built an out door kitchen all stainless S. friers ice makers tables. pots and pans. wow!
    any who there was a globe meat slicer they had picked up for 35.00 I said I had wanted a large one like it., so they packed it up and put it in the back of my truck as a gift. then when I found it and wanted to pay them for it. they said no, they would get another one as they hit the auctions when ever they have them. (gotta wait for the place to fill up with good stuff 1st I guess)
    I called Globe and they set me up with a service tech in EL Paso,TX.
    it needed new rubber legs a safety arm and a couple other minor things It ran and would slice.
    so, the service tech called and said he would make it look new for $270.00
    looking new and working like a gem is two seperate things by the way.
    so, after finding out how much a new one cost. I said OH HELL YEA! where do I send the check?
    hope to have it back one day soon.
    the slicer blade on this thing looks as if it could slice oak limbs thin.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Nice score !
    Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats, the industrial slicers are the shizzle and nice group of friends you have !!!
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Congrats on the new slicer. I don't really need one anymore as I have a friend a short distance away that has one that's on wheels.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Congratulations, you are gonna love that thing...

Comment

Great Score.....Congratulations.

Comment

Great score Bud...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Yeah the Globe is a mighty fine slicer. Built solid and will last a lifetime or two.
                sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

wll it has been a while. been using the other slicer and the gent that had my globe well, he did a good job, and the parts that were to be replaced did not get done by him, he gave them to me and said I could do it which I did the other day, It took me most the day fartin around with it and learning how to take stuff apart so it would go back togther. but, I got her going the blade is sharper then heck.
                  The gent that was working on it, had, a Doc. appointment while it was in his posession. well it did not go well for him. they told him to go home and get his affairs in order quickly. his son called me to come pick it up. said his dad was devestated. understandbly.

all most makes me not want to fool with it. and I think that is why it has taken me so long to get her going. But, like I said she is purring and slices stuff wonderfully.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I inherited a Globe Slicer with my kitchen. Has a built in sharpener and slices great. Those things are really built to last.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Cavman View Post
                      I inherited a Globe Slicer with my kitchen. Has a built in sharpener and slices great. Those things are really built to last.
                      great, My has the built in sharpner also. two stones, one for the rear of the knife and one for the front. have to unscrew a bolt lift turn and push down to contact the blade. only takes a couple seconds to hone her up.
                      it is heavy duty for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X