Huevos Poblanos anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huevos Poblanos anyone?

Following my last post, I decided to whip up some huevos polbanos this morning.

Poblanos and anaheim's canoed

Chopped the tops and mixed with breakfast sausage

Sprayed and coated with garlic and BP, then filled with egg.

Goal was to break a whole egg, fill with sausage, then grill.
    Result... most of my peppers were too small for a whole egg and an adequate amount of sausage, I also found that the whole egg didn't fill all the nooks and crannies as good as a beaten egg.

Future process - beat eggs, pour over pepper stuffed with sausage.

On the grill..

Took a little longer... probably because I ran outta gas and had to deal with all of that, also making sure that the eggs were DONE! Guessing about 15 minutes on medium heat.

Here they are with the cheese added at the end.

And my breakfast

Whole egg pob in front, beaten egg peppers in the back - tasted the same fine goodness, just look different. Very good results, I'll be doing these again.

Thanks for checking out my post!
    Tracey

Outstanding Job!!!! That's thinking outside the box..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Love it, a new breakfast!!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I just showed this one to the wife and it is on our list for next weekend
        Awesome
        Scarbelly

Comment

Great Idea and Execution Tracey!!
          sigpic

Comment

Eggcellent!! I saw the title and thought... poblanos chopped up in eggs, but no! Total new concept here. Mind's already spinning on this one. I see a whole skillet breakfast stuffed into peppers. for such an awesome creation.
            DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

W...! Why did ya do this....now I gotta try it! Man....thinkin Talladega on the tailgate....Yeah Man! You on it!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

great idea!
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  W...! Why did ya do this....now I gotta try it! Man....thinkin Talladega on the tailgate....Yeah Man! You on it!
                  Cuz I love peppers...! Thanks 88!

Originally posted by DennyD View Post
                  Eggcellent!! I saw the title and thought... poblanos chopped up in eggs, but no! Total new concept here. Mind's already spinning on this one. I see a whole skillet breakfast stuffed into peppers. for such an awesome creation.
                  Thanks Denny!

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  Great Idea and Execution Tracey!!
                  Thanks Fish!

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
                  I just showed this one to the wife and it is on our list for next weekend
                  Awesome
                  Righ on! That's half the battle... thanks, Scar!

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Love it, a new breakfast!!
                  Thanks, Mark!

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Outstanding Job!!!! That's thinking outside the box..
                  Thanks TH! You know me, I get on something.. and I tend to stay on it for a while...

Thanks for checking out my post.
                  Tracey

Comment

Wow Tracey, that is some fine looking breakfast canoes. That is just freaking outstanding Thank you for sharing.
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

You just keep coming up with great ideas for the poblanos. You're probably sorry you gave me so many now. Great looking breakfast.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Now I know why I ripped off your Wok idea. You just got all kinds of good ideas! thanks Tracey those are my two favorite peppers. Well, if you don't count black, white, cayanne and chipotles.
                        JT

Comment

lol what brilliant idea - I get some large mild chillis from the indian grocers that would be perfect for that gig !

Have some - 'now that's a really neat idea' :-)

So how come you didn't wrap them in bacon as well ?
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

You're Killing me Smalls !

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              lol what brilliant idea - I get some large mild chillis from the indian grocers that would be perfect for that gig !

Have some - 'now that's a really neat idea' :-)

So how come you didn't wrap them in bacon as well ?
                              Thanks CA... I guess I deserve that , Bassman just reminded me of that too. I guess when I get these hair brained ideas, I don't have the patience to thaw out the bacon..

Everyone else - thank you very much. Yeah, bigger peppers would work better for this - I'm thinking a pob about as long as your hand would be perfect to crack a whole egg into. These are the smalls from my second round.... it's a race against Jack Frost now - they can either grow up, or I'm going to pick every last one of the little bastages and roast them up before they get their nads frozen off!

Later,
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X