Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Smokey Joe Grilled Fillets ~THEN~ Smoked Bacon Wrapped Mad Hunky Chicken Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Smokey Joe Grilled Fillets ~THEN~ Smoked Bacon Wrapped Mad Hunky Chicken Spears

~SMOKEY JOE~ ..... 14" of Grilling & Smoking power, both direct grilling & indirect (with smoke also).....

Tonights adventure featured a couple of Tenderloin Filets for the wife & I (I get the other for Hash tommorow). The were grilled directly over the HOT Coal area for about 12 minutes total.... She likes em done, so I do what I am told, WHEN COOKING FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... ...... A well done Filet (170*) believe it or not, still beats 99% of the other Beef cuts IMO....

She's on a diet, so tonight she gets grilled Filet with EVOO, Kosher Salt & CBP. Not too bad a diet..... Along with a BIG English Cucumber peeled & sliced..... OK.... She's taken care of, time to mess around & have some fun!

Open up the Smokey Joe 5 minutes & get her hot again...... The Bacon wrapped Hunky Spears are: Chicken Breasts, that after removing the "heal" are cut into 2 large pieces (1 longer & 1 shorter), seasoned with Mad Hunky, wrapped in Bacon & grill/smoked indirect with Hickory chunks until close to finish (About 1 hour total with smoke), then moved directly over the Hot coals to crisp up the Bacon & finish...... These were served Appetizer style, cut into medallions/chunks and served with an Asian influenced dipping sauce..... Oh Yeah.....

Mad Hunky & Gang.....

Prepped & Ready for Grill .....

Filets, about to be flipped.....

Diet Dinner... ?????... OK, Uh.... Filet cut & English Cucumbers sliced.....

Mad Hunky Bacon wrapped Chicken Spears, at the star of their journey, indirect & pretty HOT.....

Smoke & Heat..... Smokey Joe acting (somewhat) like a 22.5" WSM with Hickory Chunks rolling......

This is what I am/was shooting for......

Sliced, Sauced & Ready for serving.......
    Last edited by Fishawn; 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM.
    sigpic

Sigh... yer a good man- ruining a filet just as she like it...

Ah well. Chicken looks dang good. I'm gonna do some of those for tonight's pre-wedding dinner. Niece on the wife's side's getting hitched this weekend. Dinner for 8 or 11?? tonight. Got 4 slabs and some breasts to grill. Thanks for the app idea
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

You peeled the cucumber - ya wimp !

We grow burpless with the spiky skins and I eat them straight off the plant while walking round the garden, skins and all lol

Other than that - great looking food - as always :-)

so any idea what was in the sauce ? (unless I write it down I generally have no clue the next day)
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Looking good once again, Scott. I could go on that diet for maybe a day or two.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Love my Smokey Joe too Scott, Nice grill marks on those steaks. And hell who cares, she likes it well, she gets it well. Great stuff as always Bro
          JT

Comment

Kick some Smokey Joe butt homechicken!! Everything is looking right on Scott. Am I supposed to be this damn hungry this early in the morning? I could chew on my work boot and pretend it is that super done fillet
            If ya slid a piece of that fillet between 2 pieces of cuke, you could pretend the juices running out were from the meat, when you bit into it
            Naw... to each their own, just giving ya a ration bud
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Sigh... yer a good man- ruining a filet just as she like it...

Ah well. Chicken looks dang good. I'm gonna do some of those for tonight's pre-wedding dinner. Niece on the wife's side's getting hitched this weekend. Dinner for 8 or 11?? tonight. Got 4 slabs and some breasts to grill. Thanks for the app idea
              We Love the Hunky Bacon Wrap Chicken around here...... Sometimes.... The kids will all get their knives & forks in their hands and bang them on the table in unison shouting.... HUNKY... HUNKY... HUNKY... HUNKY

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

You peeled the cucumber - ya wimp !

We grow burpless with the spiky skins and I eat them straight off the plant while walking round the garden, skins and all lol

Other than that - great looking food - as always :-)

so any idea what was in the sauce ? (unless I write it down I generally have no clue the next day)
              I did peel it..... I was given orders from the top to do so ..... The sauce was Mayo based mixed about 50/50 with a Gyoza dipping sauce, some Soy, hot & sweeet mustard & a lil Jalapeno Tabasco

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
              Love my Smokey Joe too Scott, Nice grill marks on those steaks. And hell who cares, she likes it well, she gets it well. Great stuff as always Bro
              I must say JT, since getting the SUPER FAST Lime Green Thermopen, I bet the me part of cooking her steaks has come down 10* ...... I had to show her on my Weber gasser on the chart that Weber says well done is 170*..... Now I cook them to 165* and rest them tented & they hit about 170*..... She likes them better cooked less... WELL DUH!......... GOD I HATE THIS COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Fishawn; 09-15-2010, 01:00 PM. Reason: Hating on the Lime Green Color
              sigpic

Comment

Thats some fine looking grub fish daddy....

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  We Love the Hunky Bacon Wrap Chicken around here...... Sometimes.... The kids will all get their knives & forks in their hands and bang them on the table in unison shouting.... HUNKY... HUNKY... HUNKY... HUNKY

Now I cook them to 165* and rest them tented & they hit about 170*..... She likes them better cooked less... WELL DUH!......... GOD I HATE THIS COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  The bacon wrapped chic breast spears look great.... Hafta do that myself. OK, it's on my list.

That lime color.... Highlight it and you can read it easy.
                  DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

that smoky joe has turned lotsa great food already this summe man!!! i like mine with a lil more moo left in them like rich does, but i hear ya, sometimes ya gotta do what mom wants too. nice thing abought a steak though, can put mom's on a little sooner than the others... interesting chicken too, especially that asian dipping sauce.... something you made up from scratch??? anyhoo, great looking food as usual!!!(it finally let me send some your way!!!) thks for sharing bro!!!
                    Charbroil SFB
                    GOSM
                    MES
                    Dutch Ovens and other CI
                    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Nice fillets, Scott, but the bacon wrapped chicken spears put this over the top!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                        Nice fillets, Scott, but the bacon wrapped chicken spears put this over the top!

Yes they did. Had a similar rendidtion to them last sat at flushing. Richtee brought a few, and they were great!!!

Momma is already buggin me to do some of them, and she doesn't like chicken much!
                        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                          Yes they did. Had a similar rendidtion to them last sat at flushing. Richtee brought a few, and they were great!!!

Momma is already buggin me to do some of them, and she doesn't like chicken much!
                          Heh- glad ya both enjoyed them. Remember the Mad Hunky rub was "kicked up" a bit with some added coffee-milled dried Jap pepper...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            Heh- glad ya both enjoyed them. Remember the Mad Hunky rub was "kicked up" a bit with some added coffee-milled dried Jap pepper...
                            "How'd" that work out Rich?..... I have some of Bassman's Jalapeno Salt I could mix in with the Hunky for a little kick.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                              "How'd" that work out Rich?..... I have some of Bassman's Jalapeno Salt I could mix in with the Hunky for a little kick.
                              Very nice! Hmm careful with the salt tho...MH alone seemed to have enough. But the Jap flavor came thru just a bit for another layer that really worked well!

Comment

Working...
                              X