Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double decker venison sausage and english bacon sarnie - or 'lunch' as I called it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double decker venison sausage and english bacon sarnie - or 'lunch' as I called it

So on thursdays I have tai-chi in the evening - so don't get round to eating supper till gone 22:30.
    A sturdy lunch is generally called for.

It occured to me that I hadn't made a double decker sandwich for quite some years.
    A double decker venison sausage sarnie I thought. Then I thought, there's two slabs of bacon in the fridge.

Now this is english back bacon. It's loin with the fat left on and a bit of the belly attached as sort of tail.

Rinsed and dried the bacon, but didn't have time to partially freeze for slicing.
    But the graef, didn't care :-)

So it was now a double decker sausage and bacon sarnie.

Sliced off three slices of my fresh bread (seriously my bread machine is my most loved kitchen gadget).
    Sliced the sausage in half and started the build.
    Mayo, bacon rashers, sausage, ketchup, bread, mayo, bacon, sausage, ketchup, bread.

Bloody good sandwich.
    But next time, maybe another couple rashers of bacon and some mushrooms !

(hey you bought some mushrooms last night, and you're just about to slice the rest of the bacon.....)

Think I'll stick to one layer today, anyway if you haven't made yourself a double decker for a while hope this inspires you to get on it !

I'm off to make a single layer mushroom and bacon sarnie :-)

(see tom, no chick food ! )
    Attached Files
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Well I'm glad you call that a "sarnie," because if you'd have said sandwich, I'd have said you're full of shit. But since it's a "sarnie" it looks almost edible. Limey's anyway.

Tom

Comment

Nice Work Mate! ...... ..... The Sarnie (WTF? ) Gets 5 stars

Still a few unused characters in the title though..... Gonna have to rate this thread a 1 Star post though.....
        Last edited by Fishawn; 09-17-2010, 10:27 AM. Reason: Being nice today... lol ....
        sigpic

Comment

well given that the sandwich was an english invention, devised so that lord sandwich could eat and not have to leave the card table (what better incentive for portable food has there ever been), I could call it a sandwich.

But sarnie fits better :-)

Title wise - yep had exactly 2 characters left. Gonna have to plan better for the next one :-)
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Nice meat and bread choices...but what's that red goopy stuff?

Sheesh... we gotta teach the Brits how to butcher a pig I see!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

What?? No SPAM? Hahaha.. your sandwich reminded me of the great MP spam sketch, classic.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/anwy2MPT5RE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/anwy2MPT5RE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Question: How do you break up a PETA convention?

Answer: You put CA in charge of catering.

Now THAT'S a sandwich!!

Comment

Great looking Sarnie and Sausage CA. Kudos and to ya...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  well given that the sandwich was an english invention, devised so that lord sandwich could eat and not have to leave the card table (what better incentive for portable food has there ever been), I could call it a sandwich.

But sarnie fits better :-)

Title wise - yep had exactly 2 characters left. Gonna have to plan better for the next one :-)
                  Well Alex,
                  I came back here to look at your "sarnie" again, and thought that it really does look very tasty. Then I saw the red stuff. Man didn't someone tell you that shit is just a base for better sauces and not a stand alone?
                  Anyway, what is the difference between a "sarnie" and a sandwich? And if they are English and both the same thing, why not dump "sarnie?"

Tom

Comment

Nice double fuggin decker dude!! That sandwich will stack up against many, but where are the sardines?? Love the looks of it Alex, you had me all the way until the "Heinz" money shot. I'll have mine with a grainy green chili mustard only please, hold the mayo too please!!
                    That baby would hold me over a half a day easy!
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

what you got against ketchup ? lol
                      I live on the stuff.

Not sure about the sardines though, with sausage and bacon, Hmm.

Spam, these days it's for the dogs only :-)

Sarnie is just a slang word for a sandwich, as is: butty, cob, snap (strictly a south derbyshire thing) etc

Sarnie is quicker to type than sandwich ;-)
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        what you got against ketchup ? lol
                        I live on the stuff.

Not sure about the sardines though, with sausage and bacon, Hmm.

Spam, these days it's for the dogs only :-)

Sarnie is just a slang word for a sandwich, as is: butty, cob, snap (strictly a south derbyshire thing) etc

Sarnie is quicker to type than sandwich ;-)
                        So you say "sarnie," we say "sammie." Got it.

Tom

Comment

You say tamato I say Tomato...

lol
                          I'll try and think of some other words for food between bread in the future :-)
                          Got a book of derbyshire slang around somewhere, now that could be interesting lol
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Too much air and visible bread in that sammy. You need to hide the bread with meat, at least 3 more slices of bacon to cover up that ugly bread, and look at all the air around those sausage links you can cram 3 more sausages in there.
                            PS. i'll give you my cardioligists phone # just in case. LOL
                            Col. Big Guy

Comment

Looks good, CA! I'll take more bacon, less sausage and no mayo or ketchup on mine
                              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...
                              X