Grow Light Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow Light Score!

It rained here pretty heavily yesterday and when my friend from across the street came home from work, he headed over to my house with a 4 ft fluorescent tube in his hand. He works for an electrical contractor that has maintainance contracts with alot of gas stations and fast food chains to keep their electrical needs and lighting up to snuff. He asked me if I had any need for some shoplight tubes, saying that he had a case of them in the back of his work truck that the cardboard box got soggy in the rain and fell apart and if he tried to drive back to his shop with them, some would break. SO.........I inherited 30 new 4ft, 40 watt fluorescent tubes.

I've started my own garden seedlings for years and have built 2 sets of 3 shelves with 2-2 tube shoplights hanging over each shelf on chains. So with 24 tubes that constantly seem to need replacing, this saves me some bucks. I'm set for the next few years of seed starting.
    I also add 1 incandescent lightbulb to each shelf for red/yellow light spectrum and heat.

Nice score John...frustrates the heck outta me when I think i got them all replaced and then another goes bad...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

So what ALL you going to be groin there Cheech ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by supervman View Post
        So what ALL you going to be groin there Cheech ? :)
        LOL....Haven't grown that in a long time. My consumption of that is nearly zilch nowdays. And I ain't gonna hope that I come down with something that calls for a medical need for it.

I start all my tomato, pepper, cabbage, broccoli, Brussel sprout, and tomatillo in the basement and if I get ambitious and have the time, I might even start my zukes, summer squash, Winter squash, cuke and cilantro seeds too. I'm kicking around the idea of pre-starting beets and beans in sections of eave trough and then sliding the wole row out into a furrow in the garden.

Comment

Working...
        X