Smoked salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked salmon

Pulled some fillets out of the freezer from a few we caught in May. Placed the fillets in a dish coating each one with salt, brown sugar, and red pepper. After 5 hours most of the moisture was out of the fish.

Rinsed, dried, and set for an hour to form a nice shiny pellicle.

Loaded up the little chief with some alder, set it and forget it.

Coming along nicely.

Done at 4 hours in. You can bet those brown crispy ends taste as good as bacon!

sigpic

nice looking fish,I think I better dig some out of the freezer and do the same..
    sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
    members mark upright propane smoker
    kingsford bbq
    23"weber kettle

Comment

Yummy! Love that smoked fish! I kinda been keeping an eye open for a used LC unit. They do a great job with the fish!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Damn! Do you think I can grow salmon in an old catfish pond? Yeah probably not.
        It looks good and I love smoked salmon.

Tom

Comment

SL,
          Those look incredible!

Gunslinger - let me know how the salmon in the pond thing works. I just happen to know a guy with a pond...

Comment

Yep that's done right! Great stuff
            JT

Comment

That's the way to do it! Its Salmon time around here, got me Jonesing again... Great looking fish!
              sigpic

Comment

Great lookin salmon. I had some this weekend at a local restaurant and it didn't look that good..
                sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
                30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

Thanks guys, here is the money shot. Wanted to cook off the remaining moisture off the top shown in the last pic so I tossed them in the drum upside down for a minute to dry it off a bit. Man this stuff is good!

sigpic

Comment

Hot Damn! Fine fish! Got a LC meself...element took a dump 2 weeks ago Gonna go in with a stove element...may get a bit more heat!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sweet....That looks mighty fine man.....

Comment

Working...
                      X