Just for Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for Football

This is from Saturday before last, haven't had time to post. A buddy is a BIG Gator fan and asked if I'd cover the food for the first weekend...for 80 people - Oh Yea!!
    We got 20# of chicken wings, And two dozen ATB's, And a Venison shoulder, And 4 fatties! We start with the ABT's filled with HawgHeaven's avocado mix in 1 doz. salmon and 1 doz. bratwurst.
    I tried out my new Kitchen Aid corer and it worked really well.

I saved the cores and seeds for another victim!

The first fatty, Brat and sauteed garlic, onions and peppers (not hot) and mozzarella cheese.

Then the Burger Fatty, fresh ground sirloin filled with onion, tomato, ketchup and home-made Dijon Mustard.

The Bacon weave, Thanks to BigRedQ for this and Capt Dan for the rolling technique.

The Pastrami Fatty, pork sausage filled with pastrami, Swiss Cheese, home-made Dijon Mustard and some slivers of home-made Rye Bread.

And the Pulled Pork Fatty, pork sausage filled with pulled pork and my BBQ sauce.

And the wings ready to go in the smoker. Clockwise from top left, Japanese BBQ (seven spice), top right my BBQ sauce, bottom right Abelman's Siracha orange marmalade and bottom left EVOO, salt, FGB pepper, Cayenne and garlic.

The four fatties and the venison(marinated overnight in the Evil Brown Liquid) after about an hour @250F.

I got a little busy after that so we go to finished food. The three of the types of wings, the ABT's and the pulled pork fatty.

The Brat fatty.

Sliced.

The hamburger fatty. Really good!

The venison.

And last but not least the Pastrami fatty, ridiculous amount of flavor. I'll definitely do this one again.

The pulled pork was good but the other three fatties were outstanding!
    I never did get the Japanese BBQ wings out, took um home and lunched them for a week!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Nice spread Mark. Looks like you covered all of the major Food Groups, "Pork, Beef, Chicken and Pork"
    sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
    30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

Outstanding Thread & Pictures Mark...... Great Looking Spread

sigpic

Comment

Man...Ya'll was eatin good! Real nice!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPoppaDW View Post
          Nice spread Mark. Looks like you covered all of the major Food Groups, "Pork, Beef, Chicken and Pork"
          Hey I had veggies (ABT's) tooo!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Nice work Mark...nothin like a full smoker to make everyone happy...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Outstanding Thread & Pictures Mark...... Great Looking Spread

I couldn't say it any better than that. to ya and
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Very nice spread!
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Neat coring tool! My grandfather woulda said "Slicker'n shit thru a tin horn" Hmmm- never did really figger that one out, but he was usually right, so I let it go. Anyway... NICE SPREAD!
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    "Slicker'n shit thru a tin horn"
                    ....... Somebody needs to write a book (maybe there already is one?) with all the old timers sayings....
                    sigpic

Comment

Magnificent spread
                      Col. Big Guy

Comment

That's an awesome spread. The fatties look perfect and the wings too. Love Abelman's sriracha sauce. Try it with different jellies on different meats too. Gotta give you points for the full smoker.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Neat coring tool! My grandfather woulda said "Slicker'n shit thru a tin horn" Hmmm- never did really figger that one out, but he was usually right, so I let it go. Anyway... NICE SPREAD!
                          I don't want to try and correct grandpa, but I heard it's "slicker than snot on a brass doorknob" or going through money, wimmen, etc, "like shit through a tin horn."

Good looking spread, Mark.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            I don't want to try and correct grandpa, but I heard it's "slicker than snot on a brass doorknob" or going through money, wimmen, etc, "like shit through a tin horn."
                            Hmm perhaps I did get the "Slicker'n" and "Quicker'n" mixed up. Upon reflection, that tool's both!
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Man that is some serious eats great job
                              sigpic
                              Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
                              Great Out doors grill
                              Brinkman verticle
                              And one great UDS
                              Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Working...
                              X