• Show
Clear All

• Good price on a pen probe

Seems to be good quality for the price.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/vwr-flip...ters-4372.html
    sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Thanks Dan. Free shipping too. I'll be the guinea pig. Ordered one. Will post a review when I get it. I've spent almost that much on some that I wouldn't give away. How bad could it be?
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

I've had one almost identical to it for a little more than a year now. It's worked fine but I paid a lot more for it plus the shipping.

http://www.extechstore.com/extech-39272.aspx
      sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

DangerDan
        This 2nd one you listed states it gives the temp read out around a second for time, in the 1st one I do not see where temp reading time is stated?
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Great price....Let me know Double R. The first one is ISO/NIST....so it can be cal'd...we use that standard in the aircraft business so i'm thinkin it must be pretty reliable.
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
            Great price....Let me know Double R. The first one is ISO/NIST....so it can be cal'd...we use that standard in the aircraft business so i'm thinkin it must be pretty reliable.
            From the spec 0.1° from –20 to 200°, 1° elsewhere, that's pretty good!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              Yeah, I'll check it out as soon as I get it. Been wanting one like this, but I'm a cheap SOB. They also listed a 50.00 one and it didn't specify any response time either. Not sure what the difference is. They also say this: (Please note that the description and stock photo may not correspond to the specific model listed above) So we'll see what I get.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Here you go, from the VWR catalog. Updates every second. The difference in the two is the accuracy, 1°C or .3°C.
                VWR® Traceable®
                Flip-Stick™ Thermometer
                New flip-to-open design is easy to use. Stainless-steel probe may be positioned at any angle.
                Fold-up, protected probe permits carrying on the wrist strap or in a pocket. Big-digit, ¾-inchhigh
                display may be viewed at a glance. Shockproof in drop tests up to 5 feet.
                Reading is updated every second
                Features include °F/°C switch, minimum and maximum memory readings over any time period,
                and a HOLD switch (freezes the display to capture a temperature). Wide range covers 99 percent
                of routine temperature measurements in °F and °C: –58 to 572°F and –50 to 300°C. Resolution
                is 0.1° from –20 to 200° (1° outside this range). Accuracy is ±1°C between –20 and 100°C.
                Ultra™ model accuracy is ±0.3°C at tested points.
                Traceable to NIST for accuracy
                To assure accuracy an individually serial-numbered Traceable® Certifi cate is provided from an ISO 17025 calibration laboratory accredited by
                A2LA. It indicates traceability to standards provided by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). Dimensions are a 0.14 inch
                stem diameter, 4½-inch stem length, an extended length of 11 inches, 6-inch folded length, width of 5/ 8-inch and 1½-inch-height. Weight is
                23/ 8 ounces.
                Cat. No. 15551-002 VWR® Traceable® Flip-Stick™ Thermometer $26.65
                Accuracy ±1°C
                Cat. No. 37000-422 VWR® Traceable® Ultra™ Flip-Stick™ Thermometer $49.44
                https://www.vwrsp.com/literature/products/pdf/92478.pdf
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Forgot to mention, even though the price looks cheaper at VWR, it's not - there is a handling fee (order under $100) and shipping. Opticsplanet is a better deal, I ordered one.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks d Dan I am gonna keep my eye on this thread

Comment

Price seems good & I would think they have to meet certain specs, so keep us posted guys!.... My brother's birthday is coming up..... hmmm.... $100 for a thermapen, or plan B and $50 worth of booze we can solve the worlds problems with, or ACTUALLY figure out..... Who was the greatest..... Band, Pitcher, Quarterback, Guitarist, Bass player, Drummer, Singer, Pitching staff, Wide Receiver, Running Back, Left Handed Power Hitter, Fisherman, MJ v- Kobe, Golfer & Home improvement guy of all time was.... OR NOT!
                      sigpic

Comment

keep us posted

Been looking at those thermapens, but work has been too slow for me to look too long.

One says temp updates every second, it will be interesting to see what the true "response time" actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                          One says temp updates every second, it will be interesting to see what the true "response time" actually is.
                          Therein lies the rub. The update time is meaningless. What is the time it takes to actually reach the final temp.

That's the spec I'd be interested in.

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                            Therein lies the rub. The update time is meaningless. What is the time it takes to actually reach the final temp.

That's the spec I'd be interested in.

Dave
                            That's the 64,000.00 question. We'll find out.
                            S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                            New Braunfels Bandera
                            UniFlame Gas Grill
                            Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                            X