Old style Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old style Bread

Just the bakin for the day/night. It's my multi-grain old style bread. Three loaves and braid, first try at the braid...or woven , don't know the correct terminology. I think I've posted the recipe before...if not I will.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Good looking bread, Mark. I'll have to try a braid next time I bake sourdough.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks Good Mark!
      sigpic

Comment

Looks good. Check out some of my braids sometime. I even have one that is like Neapolitan ice cream.

Tom

Comment

Man there is nothing like homemade bread. Your loaves look GREAT.
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Great Job... I can smell it from here....

Comment

Killer stuff man....Glad i grew up on the stuff......Mom always didnt have time to make it,but when she did it was a eye opener....Got me into it....That all looks fresh and hearty.....

Comment

Nice job, Mark - the braids are a little tricky, huh! My problem is not stretching them out too much!

on every thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                  Looks good. Check out some of my braids sometime. I even have one that is like Neapolitan ice cream.
                  I have, that's where I "stole" the idea. Your's look awsome so I had to give it a try...He thinks he likes it!!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Man...Them some great loaves!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That is some fine lookin bread ya probably ought to post the recipe for us bread beginners
                      sigpic
                      Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
                      Great Out doors grill
                      Brinkman verticle
                      And one great UDS
                      Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Just some great looking loaves Mark...
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Country Bread

Sponge
                          2 1/4 teaspoon fresh yeast
                          1 cup cool water
                          1 cup bread flour
                          1 cup whole wheat flour

Dough
                          3 1/2 cups bread flour
                          1/2 cup rye flour
                          1 1/2 cups warm water
                          2 tablespoons honey
                          1 generous tablespoon kosher salt or 2 tblsps table salt

course cornmeal for sprinkling on peel

Sponge
                          dissolve yeast in water, mix in flours. Cover let stand for 45 minutes (or till double)
                          preferably overnight.

Dough
                          Mix Flours, water, honey and sponge mix till smooth (15 minutes) add salt after 10 minutes.
                          Transfer to lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap - let stand till tripled (2 hours)

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, dust hands and top of dough with flour. Lightly press dough into a disk, fold edges to center. Transfer dough to colander, smooth side down. Cover, let stand till doubled in size (45 minutes).
                          Place water in pan on lowed rack of oven preheated to 450 deg.

For rounds
                          Cover peel with cornmeal, turn dough onto peel, Slice 3 times top of dough. Slide dough with a jerk to baking stone in oven.
                          Bake 35 - 40 minutes turning after 25 minutes if not evenly brown

For loaves
                          Coat bread pans (2) with Crisco.
                          Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, dust hands and top of dough with flour. With sharp knife cut dough in half (exactly you weenie), By hand roll dough to fit bread pans. Slide bread pans on to baking stone bake 35 - 40 minutes.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

I really need to get back into baking my own bread.. Great looking loaves Mark..
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                              Country Bread

Sponge
                              2 1/4 teaspoon fresh yeast
                              1 cup cool water
                              1 cup bread flour
                              1 cup whole wheat flour

Dough
                              3 1/2 cups bread flour
                              1/2 cup rye flour
                              1 1/2 cups warm water
                              2 tablespoons honey
                              1 generous tablespoon kosher salt or 2 tblsps table salt

course cornmeal for sprinkling on peel

Sponge
                              dissolve yeast in water, mix in flours. Cover let stand for 45 minutes (or till double)
                              preferably overnight.

Dough
                              Mix Flours, water, honey and sponge mix till smooth (15 minutes) add salt after 10 minutes.
                              Transfer to lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap - let stand till tripled (2 hours)

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, dust hands and top of dough with flour. Lightly press dough into a disk, fold edges to center. Transfer dough to colander, smooth side down. Cover, let stand till doubled in size (45 minutes).
                              Place water in pan on lowed rack of oven preheated to 450 deg.

For rounds
                              Cover peel with cornmeal, turn dough onto peel, Slice 3 times top of dough. Slide dough with a jerk to baking stone in oven.
                              Bake 35 - 40 minutes turning after 25 minutes if not evenly brown

For loaves
                              Coat bread pans (2) with Crisco.
                              Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, dust hands and top of dough with flour. With sharp knife cut dough in half (exactly you weenie), By hand roll dough to fit bread pans. Slide bread pans on to baking stone bake 35 - 40 minutes.
                              Looks like a great recipe. If you're interested in sourdough, I can send you a good starter in dry granual form.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X