Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rival Slicer Parts

The slicer is sold

My brother gave me his old Rival slicer. The plastic gear on the blade was shot and a few other things. Well I found a donor unit today. Put the best of both together.

I have some extra parts. If you see something you could use, PM me. The sliding tray was repaired by my dad. It works fine, just looks weird. Hate to throw it in the trash if someone needs a part.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RowdyRay; 09-24-2010, 07:15 PM.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

dibs!!! PM is on it's way my good man. lol

less than 5 minutes... is that a new record? lol
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Darn quick. I'll get it packed up for ya.

If anyone is interested the parts, let me know.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

DANG IT!! If I wasn't working on a honey do I would've gotten it!!

Great snag! RR Rocks!
        ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

Originally posted by ptt49er View Post
          DANG IT!! If I wasn't working on a honey do I would've gotten it!!

Great snag! RR Rocks!
          I'll watch for another. How's that?
          S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

You Rock Double R!....Great! Hee heee!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I got it last night! thanks again Ray!

I cleaned it up a bit with a soak in a hot bleach water bath, wiped them down, washed with soap and water, then lightly lubed it. I still have to do some fine tuning (possibly grinding/polishing the sliding tray slot), but other than that, it is great. I tried sharpening the blade (couldn't even cut a plastic bag at first... no lie), but still need to work on that some more. anyone have any tips for this? I just turned it on, used some medium and find arkansas stones to get the blade trued up and it seemed to work great so far... still not as sharp as I would like, but getting there. any ideas?

Later,
              Andy
              Current babies:
              Former Lineup:
              -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)

Comment

Im thinking on making a lapping steel just for this. I use diamond stones right now and they do work ok. But I think after awhile the blade will not be true, so a super flat surface with some grooves cut in and some lapping compound, a suction cup and a drill motor would really true that up nice.
                Last edited by SmokinLee; 10-13-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Hey glad it made it there. I didn't think it felt that bad and I did slice some of my summer sausage with it.

Dad was up north or I would have had him touch up the blade. All he uses is a stone. Just uses the adjustable plate to rest it against and sharpens it while running. Not the safest thing to do, but it works.
                  S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Ray I have an old..did I say old, Rival. I can use the spare parts. Mainly the main housing and gears. What U wantin fer them?
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Ray I have an old..did I say old, Rival. I can use the spare parts. Mainly the main housing and gears. What U wantin fer them?
                      That was close. Today was trash day and I almost threw them out last night. Thought I'd bump this one more time first. Hehe. Andy did it for me.

You can have them, if you want to pay for shipping. Was hoping someone could use some of them. Did you need the base too? Or just where the blade mounts? Let me know.
                      S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                      New Braunfels Bandera
                      UniFlame Gas Grill
                      Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                        That was close. Today was trash day and I almost threw them out last night. Thought I'd bump this one more time first. Hehe. Andy did it for me.

You can have them, if you want to pay for shipping. Was hoping someone could use some of them. Did you need the base too? Or just where the blade mounts? Let me know.
                        Na don't need the base but the rest of it, gotta see what that wood block does!!!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I did a little more honing this evening... works like a champ. if I could find my phone, i'd get some pics up. i'll have to try tomorrow. putting the stone on the slide plate works great. it still isn't perfect, but it will do anything i need it to at this point. I thawed out the point of my last brisket this morning and sliced it on my new toy tonight for fajitas. worked like a charm... a lot more consistent than my electric knife. lol

Later,
                          Andy
                          Current babies:
                          Former Lineup:

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                            I did a little more honing this evening... works like a champ. if I could find my phone, i'd get some pics up. i'll have to try tomorrow. putting the stone on the slide plate works great. it still isn't perfect, but it will do anything i need it to at this point. I thawed out the point of my last brisket this morning and sliced it on my new toy tonight for fajitas. worked like a charm... a lot more consistent than my electric knife. lol

Later,
                            Andy
                            Glad to hear it. I feel better now. Dad, two brothers and my son still use them. They're great little slicers.
                            S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                            New Braunfels Bandera
                            UniFlame Gas Grill
                            Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                            X