Walking Dude won the March '09 contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Dude won the March '09 contest

Walking Dude got to ask a couple of questions. First, if any of these have been asked and answered just blow me off. I might have missed the questions and answers last week when I was so sick. I could have asked Ken, but your had the "Luck of the Irish" and won so I wanted to know straight from you. First, was your selection your first choice or did you have other thoughts as what to enter? Secondly, what were the special gifts from Hombres Salsa Company that were tossed in with that VISA card. I voted for your entry, it was the one that made me hungry. Fill a mans stomach with great, warm food in the morning and he is set for the day. Great job Dude
    sigpic

first off, i am NOT Irish..........i am mostly Swede, if that makes that much of a difference.

I researched Irish recipes. I knew most would do either corn beef, or lamb. I wanted to do summin diff. When a Irishman first gets up St. Patties Day morning, he KNOWS he will be drinking most of the day, so he NEEDS to start out with a fullfilling BREAKFAST ! ! ! ! !!

Only angle i had on it. I try to think OUTSIDE the box. IF you would go to the FIRST post on this contest, Ken showed pics of what was included. I haven't gotten any prizes yet.

BUTT, this thread corn fuses me, and the need for it !

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to confuse ya, woops. But, you'll bonce back from that. Being Swede is ok, anybody can cook up an Irish meal, and this time of year, all of America is Irish. You did your research well and your gut instinct pushed you in the right direction. Can't beat it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
        this thread corn fuses me, and the need for it !
        Aside from the ease of that... I think it was a compliment D88de. As an aside...I'd have voted yours second. The Smithwyck got to me is all. I'd have wanted yours in the AM after tho

Well met, Sir!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Anyway congradulations dude .your pic made me hungry enough for a vote.
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

congratulations steve... you're for emailing you those pics... oops, thought this was email.

sigpic

Comment

I think he got his idea from a Denny's Grand slam commercial!
              I don't
              believe any of that baloney he just told ya.
              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

So ya think it was a Swedish scam! If Denny's could make a breakfast like that they would be a great place to eat. I'll stick to my kitchen.
                sigpic

Comment

Got the biggest part of the prize today. Going to use the Dip in a smoked cheese ball. Doing that tomorrow........Haven't tested the salsa's yet, waiting for beevus and butthead to get over here.......(Rose and Chauda, that was at the gathering, you that was there, will know who they are !) Then will report on the taste of those.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Working...
                  X