Homemade mozzarella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade mozzarella

This stuff is really easy to make, I can post the recipe if anyone wants it, but it came from Ricki Carroll's book Home Cheese making or you can go here http://www.cheesemaking.com/store/pg/21.html

The recipe in the book is different from what she has posted on her website, seems odd, but whatever floats your boat there missy.

I do mine a tad differently but she is the cheese queen after all. One thing I really like about this cheese is when it's cold smoked you don't have to wait two weeks to eat it, just one day! I am cold smoking some right now using Todd Johnson's cardboard box method, working fine so far.

Cool beans. Love me some cheese. You and I will probably have some long conversations on cheese making, something I for sure want to start doing
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

She ius definitely the queen of cheese. I have the book as well. Nice go at the mozzarella. Points for makin your own cheese ! and for your alton brown set-up
      Jerod
      GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
      sigpic

Comment

Great looking cheese Squirrel. That's the second time I've seen this home made box smoker. Kudos...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Okay...I like cheese! Ya got me wanting to try it so it's up on the top ten list know!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice work Squirrel!... Tried to make mozz a couple years ago and failed. Gotta try it again. Yours looks fantastic.
            sigpic

Comment

Very nice. I'm envious. I too, tried to make mozz and failed. The ricotta or cottage cheese wasn't bad, but just don't get it. It's like bread and dough. Just gave up. Guess I still have to work on this patience thing.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Hey props on the cheese making! Looks absolutely wonderful! I'd do back flips for some smoked cheese right now!!
                Thanks for sharing
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Hey girl congrats on making it over here. Glad to see ya here. Great post as always
                  Scarbelly

Comment

I bought their first book years ago and tried a few which turned out pretty good. But this new technique using the Micro wave failed for me. I just don't have much control with it and it turned to stone in just seconds. I need to try it again. Yours looks beautiful.

Comment

Good looking cheese
                      Also a damn good book.

Haven't made mozzarella yet. To me it lacks any kind of flavour and I'm not that keen on the texture, lol. But the appeal of making my own would be that I could add some seasonings to it and give it some actual taste.

Plus the stretching looks like fun :-)

And, smoking it would be good too !

Now all I need is some buffalo to milk
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        Nice work Squirrel!... Tried to make mozz a couple years ago and failed. Gotta try it again. Yours looks fantastic.
                        Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                        Very nice. I'm envious. I too, tried to make mozz and failed. The ricotta or cottage cheese wasn't bad, but just don't get it. It's like bread and dough. Just gave up. Guess I still have to work on this patience thing.
                        Add me to the failed list also ...

Comment

yanno- strange I missed this post, but I just tried my hand at making some the other day! Hmmm...never quite got to the stretch stage. Still tended to crumble- on the dry side. Balled up OK...and slices- but hmmm...something was not quite right.
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Can't find no Rennet local!....Oh well....i'll get after it!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Made some a while back...really good stuff!!

Mike...I think I wound up ordering some rennet tablets from Ricki's website...couldn't find any around here either...

Comment

Working...
                              X