Game time snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game time snacks

I made this yesterday for the Michigan/Michigan State game. The food was a lot better than the game.

Buffalo Chicken Dip I smoked some chicken breasts and then chuncked them up to put in the dip. Then I covered the pan and finished it in the smoker. It was VERY good.

Stuffed and Smoked Mushrooms Stuffed with a mixture of onion, celery, garlic, spinach, bacon, sausage, and parmesan cheese. Topped with bacon (of course).

Thanks for lookin'

Pulled pork empanadas My first time making these... I have to find a better dough. I am thinking of finding a dough more like ravioli or pierogis next time, but they weren't bad.

BBQ Pork for sammies Served with CWB, the rest of the thawed and heated pulled pork shoulder w/ some SBR/Dr. Pepper sauce.

Apple Pie from a hillbilly jug. My buddy made a batch for us and brougt it with him. Not sure of the recipe, other than it is DAMN GOOD and packs a punch. Made with Everclear, but smooth as... apple pie.
    “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
    - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

awesome snacks sure would like to try out that apple pie in a jug
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Those are some fine looking snacks you have there Hannibal. Never have seen the pulled pork empanadas before, look and sound interesting; seem like something that could be pre-made and frozen for future snacks? Also, have a recipe for that buffalo chicken dip?

We make that apple pie, that stuff needs to be consumed in moderation. It tastes so harmless, till about three 12 oz. drinks into it !!!
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nice spread on the snacks Gotta love the Apple pie,Be careful that stuff is sneaky.
        sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

By the way...

I had a few of the stuffed mushrooms leftover, and I don't like them heated up. I decided to try something, sounds good to me but I will let you know.

I took a couple of the stuffed mushrooms out of the fridge and gave them a spin in the food processor. I incorporated the minced mushroom mixture into a 1/2 lb of ground sirloin. It's on the grill now, I'll be taking it to work today. It should have a good flavor since the shrooms had a very smokey flavor to them.

“Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
          - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
            Also, have a recipe for that buffalo chicken dip?

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing

1/2 cup original FRANK'S® REDHOT® Sauce

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

2 Lbs (precooked) Chicken breast, cooked and shredded into small chunks

DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.

MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.

BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

Notes:
            I smoked the chicken breasts over hickory to 170* then made the mixture as above, then poured it into an aluminum pan and added a bit more RED HOT and some crushed red pepper flakes, then foiled the top. I skipped the oven and threw it into the smoker for about an hour at 230*.

I always double the batch. It goes quick and what doesn't is good the next day or two. This was the first time using smoked chicken in it and I would say it was a hit.

Last edited by Hannibal; 10-10-2010, 12:04 PM.
            - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Very nice spread. Care to share the buffalo chicken dip?

My brother makes a killer apple pie. Yes, it will sneak up on ya. I'm sure I can get the recipe if anyone is interested. He's working on a cherry pie now. Using juice from his home grown cherries. Almost there. He's on the second batch, but not quite right. There's plenty of willing taste testers and the next batch with tweaks should be right on. We hope.

On edit: I see Mossy beat me to the recipe question. Thanks for the recipe.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Nice looking spread Hani!.... I'm clueless on this Hillbilly Apple Pie stuff???... Can somebody clue me in please, or should I ask my kid???
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  Nice looking spread Hani!.... I'm clueless on this Hillbilly Apple Pie stuff???... Can somebody clue me in please, or should I ask my kid???
                  It's an alcoholic drink. Best served in shots. Tastes like liquid apple pie.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Damn fine snacks Hannibal. You kicked ass with that. to ya for that great show...
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                      It's an alcoholic drink. Best served in shots. Tastes like liquid apple pie.

Best served in mason jars!

- G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Best served in mason jars!

For the true hillbilly, yes. If you want to stay on the bar stool, shots. I speak from experience.
                        S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                          Never have seen the pulled pork empanadas before, look and sound interesting; seem like something that could be pre-made and frozen for future snacks?
                          I can't take all of the credit here. In another thread I was looking for ideas for the pulled pork and my man Richtee came through for me:

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Ever made empanadas? Just another idea...
                          Thanks Rich
                          - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                            For the true hillbilly, yes. If you want to stay on the bar stool, shots. I speak from experience.
                            - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Hannibal! Dude that is some serious game day grub! Food,drink and the game. What better way is there to spend the day. Kick as food!
                              Thanks for sharing

[QUOTE=RowdyRay;146809]Very nice spread. Care to share the buffalo chicken dip?

My brother makes a killer apple pie. Yes, it will sneak up on ya. I'm sure I can get the recipe if anyone is interested. He's working on a cherry pie now. Using juice from his home grown cherries. Almost there. He's on the second batch, but not quite right. There's plenty of willing taste testers and the next batch with tweaks should be right on. We hope.

Me me me!!! I am interested Sounds good. I will heed your warnings.
                              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X