Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Smoked, Once baked, Once Boiled = Hell I don't know but they're damn good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Smoked, Once baked, Once Boiled = Hell I don't know but they're damn good.

I love these taters.

I prefer Yukon Gold, but I had russets on hand.
    First I boil them skins on. I feel they take smoke better when they're tender. Then hollow them a bit reserving the waste, and put them on the smoker for 1 hour.
    Boiled 2 peeled taters and mashed together with waste from hollowed out potatoes, lots of fresh crushed garlic, butter and a bit of cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
    Filled smoked taters with mashed until heaping, broiled in the oven till some brown appears.
    Served with melted cheddar cheese sauce and sour cream.

Tom

We have around 100 pounds of Yukon Golds left from the garden. I know what I'll be doing with some of the now

Looks great and nice plated pic too.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Louie said....Butter my ass & call me Sally!...We in da truck & on the way...Dat woman do like taters!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks Tom...If Lena sees theese spuds I'll be makin them all the time...
        Nice lookin ribs...mine are just about to come in...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

man oh man Tom , that is some good lookin chow gotta luv the stuffed smoked taters
          sigpic
          homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Lookin' good Tom! The last ones we did, my wife added sour cream to the filling and browned the cheddar cheese on top. I'm a tater man.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great lookin taters Spudslinger.

Comment

save some...I am on my way.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                  Great lookin taters Spudslinger.
                  ..... Ditto Lee..... Waiting on the new Spudslinger avatar....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                    Lookin' good Tom! The last ones we did, my wife added sour cream to the filling and browned the cheddar cheese on top. I'm a tater man.
                    I do that too, but my oldest thinks he hates sour cream. I have also done cream cheese which is also very good.

Tom

Comment

Man that looks great, I love baked potato's, but give me a twice baked, MMmmm. Family members give me crap when I have a meal with a baked or twice baked potato cause I spend way too much time according to them preparing the tator and ignore the rest of my meal in prep time that they are sometimes half done with their meal before I start mine!
                      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Tom, those look awesome. Love baked taters however they're done. I'll take two.

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                        Man that looks great, I love baked potato's, but give me a twice baked, MMmmm. Family members give me crap when I have a meal with a baked or twice baked potato cause I spend way too much time according to them preparing the tator and ignore the rest of my meal in prep time that they are sometimes half done with their meal before I start mine!
                        Hahaha, I do the same thing. It's important to load that sucker up with just the right goodies. It takes time to create a masterpiece.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Marty, same here, love them 2baked.... worth the extra effort arnt they...

Tom, great lookin taters!!!
                          Charbroil SFB
                          GOSM
                          MES
                          Dutch Ovens and other CI
                          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Ain't nothin' wrong good lookin' food.

Originally posted by erain View Post
                            Marty, same here, love them 2baked.... worth the extra effort arnt they...

Tom, great lookin taters!!!
                            Thanks E!!

Tom

Comment

Dynomite looking taters there Gunny!!

Just picked up some Yukon Golds... I'm on it!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X