Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My BACON Love has now extended to Canadian Bacon - (I did my first this past weekend)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BACON Love has now extended to Canadian Bacon - (I did my first this past weekend)

I have been reading the posts of all of the CB and Buckboard bacon that folks where making so I figured I would try some CB for myself Many thanks to Shooter Rick and his tutorial, it was a big help.

I found a great deal on a family pack of loins so I cut one into chops and put in the freezer and started the CB with the other.

Trimmed the loin for CB.

Mixed up some TQ, brown sugar, garlic powder and onion powder.

Cut the loin in half both pieces were around 3.75lbs, and bagged them for the 7 day cure in the fridge.. As I wait and turn them daily

Finally the wait has past and took them out, rinsed, soaked and seasoned. I seasoned one with Agave nectar & brown sugar. The other got some of my BBQ rub.

And of course I had to fry some up just because , Mrs BP loved it..

Got the CB packaged up, some in the fridge, and the rest in the freezer..

All in all I enjoyed the process (accept the wait ), again many thank to all who have posted CB advice on the forum and especially Shooter Rick and his tutorial. Mrs. BP loved the sweetness of the CB as the Agave nectar really ads to the flavor and it does not raise her blood sugar like honey or maple syrup would .

Thanks peekin at my bacon...
    sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
    30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Well isn't this a coincidence. I was just going to shooters tutorial on this. Starting my CB as we speak, er, type. Yours looks like it turned out pretty darn good. Hope mine does

Looks great, good job.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Nicely done .....Sounds/looks excellent........

Comment

Bravo!! Looks awesome!!!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

...... Excellent Job! ...... It's been a while for me.... again...
          sigpic

Comment

Great job on your first Bacon. Kudos...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

lol you're hooked :-)

Good job.

Next time try it english style - leave the fat on. helps when you're frying it up :-)

Something else I do is cure the loin and THEN cut the chops/steaks from it.

Home cured gammon chops

Oddly enough I've just put some american bacon in to cure lol
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Oh man that looks so awesome! I haven't done a CB yet either. I'll need to check out Shooter Rick's tutorial and get started. I don't have tender quick though. I have the pink salt I use for my bacon belly's.

I love the color on yours too. I love sexy food!

Comment

Well Mrs BP went to the Dr the other day and the Doc told her that her Cholesterol was up . So the Doc commenced to talking to us about what she a was eating. Now mind you she has been really good about what she eats, so the Doc asks her what she had today. Well she started out with breakfast and commenced to tell the Doc about the breakfast sandwich she gets at work in the morning. The Doc says (IS THERE BACON ON IT), my wife says yes, so the Doc says there is your problem. She tell her to leave the fattier bacon alone and instead..... (wait for it, wait for it) the Doc says to her you should try "Canadian BACON" instead. Now I am sitting there with this BIG grin on my face since I just made a batch a week ago and I have been trying to get her to eat it more... Needless to say I am going to the butcher for some loins to start curing some more
                  sigpic

Comment

big poppa thats looks amazing gret job and i love agave necter...i was and still is a little bit a honey fan....love the stuff but being diabetic got to watch so i got hooked on the agave necter and it pretty much interchange with all my honey needs.....and yes the leaner the meat the better for you ....have her stay away from all the fatty meats its not that good for anybody and if you got to have it limit the need for it , thats what i do......
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

WOW bacon looks superb!
                      sigpic

Comment

Saw "Bacon Love" in the thread title and knew it had to be BigPoppa! Looks good. Guess I'll have to read that tutorial and try it too. Got a loin in the fridge I wasn't sure what I was going to do with. Now I do.
                        DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Originally posted by DennyD View Post
                          Saw "Bacon Love" in the thread title and knew it had to be BigPoppa! Looks good. Guess I'll have to read that tutorial and try it too. Got a loin in the fridge I wasn't sure what I was going to do with. Now I do.
                          D you know I LOVE BACON..
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X