Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All These Fine Cornbread/PanCakes with Japs/Hunky Lately...Had to Get in on it......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All These Fine Cornbread/PanCakes with Japs/Hunky Lately...Had to Get in on it......

Slanted,SmokinLee among others did some killer recipes with japs/hunky rub,so i gave it a whirl....

Fresh Large Jap from garden...Luckily i have them until early november

Standard cornbread from scratch with hunky( some of my jap powder as well)

Soaked some of my dried cranberry beans overnight and threw in 3 hambones from past smokes and simmered 2 hours(or beans soft)...Pulled meat off bone and added celery,onions,carrots, some more japs etc..and mashed...

Cornbread was real good with a nice kick...

Some of this years honey from neighbor and good to go....

That werks!! Be real nice if it would cool off again, I could see me allll over a bowl!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Wow, that's pretty cool. I've never made jap cornbread. It look like something I might need to do! Thanks!

Comment

Ham bone, beans and corn bread!! Sha bud, I'll take two plates,please. I'm ready for the cool down, so as we can jump into this gig.
        Nicely done Alex
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

WOW ! that is a great lookin feed of comfort food I sure could go for a feed of that on a cold day
          sigpic
          homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Jeeve's....Butter my ass & call me Sally! I'm on fer that!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great lookin warms the soul food. Looks like a perfect meal too me.

Comment

Love the Jap's in cornbread.... That is one BIG S.O.B. Marshawn.....
                sigpic

Comment

Yummo Alex! delicious!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Man- that soup looks sooo good! Nice stuff, sir!
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Cornbread, hog knuckles and beans It don't get any better.
                      Col. Big Guy

Comment

Dang Alx, that's some fine looking comfort food right there. to ya Bud...
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Dang Alex... all of a sudden, I started looking thru my mail for the invitation I musta missed... AWESOME!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                            Dang Alex... all of a sudden, I started looking thru my mail for the invitation I musta missed... AWESOME!!!
                            Certailnly one coming(invitation) for the pig roast i am doing....If not november... it would be great to have you and the better half down for the one in march....

If the middletown,deleware KCBS comp has whole hog i will be entering that one and competing with team in other 4 categories...I may just do salisbury,maryland for the whole hog....Not sure if rest of team is doing that comp(they need to limit teams as you know)

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                              Certailnly one coming(invitation) for the pig roast i am doing....If not november... it would be great to have you and the better half down for the one in march....

If the middletown,deleware KCBS comp has whole hog i will be entering that one and competing with team in other 4 categories...I may just do salisbury,maryland for the whole hog....Not sure if rest of team is doing that comp(they need to limit teams as you know)
                              Hey brother, just let us know, and let us know what to bring!!

I hope they have enough room for us at the Middletown gig... they are supposed to be expanding it some, and they put us on the waiting list. We'll definitely do that one if the chance arises.

As for Salisbury, I'm still up in the air on that one... too many teams and too few good judges.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X