Shrimp Uggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp Uggie

a classic cajun shrimp preperation from a recipe from the now closed Uglesich's in NOLA.

Spicy, lots of flavor and textures with the head on, shell on shrimp and the cooked red potatoes in the mix.

Sauce/marinade was made a week ago to allow flavors to marry.

1.5 cups oilve oil
    1/2 cup ketchup(non hfcs version)
    2.5 oz. Melinda's XXX hot sauce
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp salt
    2 tbsp crush red pepper
    1 tsp paprika
    1 small green pepper chopped
    1 red onion chopped
    1 tbsp parsley.

Stirred a few times duting the week, and oil skimmed off top after it came to room temp when I was ready to cook.

Steamed some cubed red potatoes and set aside.

Wok was fired up, sauce added then the shrimp, simmered for about 3 minutes then added the potatoes and cooked another couple minutes. Added some salt and black pepper to taste, then served.

Finger licking good, using the head on shrimp was a great move, tons of flavor.

Marinade:

cooking process:

plated:

I got a new Weber kettle to add to the aresenal this past week. 22.5" had been used only twice. Cost me $10.....

I only use Weber:

Smoked some chicken on the kettle for some gumbo:

Realy nice chicken, lump and pecan..

Also needed to QC the head on shell on shrimp I got in Chinatown - $4/lb. Threw a few test pieces on the kettle when the chicken was done. Used my killer rub(works on everything):

shrimp were a nice snack, I love shrimp with the heads on, just like crawfish you can suck the heads....

thanks for looking.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Dang. That looks awesome. Unfortunately I am allergic to shrimp, but I'll take some of that chicken!

Comment

That looks awesome! Thanks for the recipe. Some good lookin chickens and shrimps too.

“Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
      Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
      - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

now that is some mighty fine looookin vittles ya got there. shrimp cooked with thier cloths on makes some tastier eats. thanks for the recipe.
        here in the desert we have to substitute large grass hoppers in thier place. and of course add a little bit more spice.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
          here in the desert we have to substitute large grass hoppers in thier place. and of course add a little bit more spice.
          “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
          Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
          - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
            lol, shrimp, like crabs are just sea bugs...

Comment

Dang Jim that looks really tasty - all of it
              Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
                Dang Jim that looks really tasty - all of it
                thanks man,

cajun/creole is my new hobby, bbq has taken a backseat, although smoked tasso and other smoked items become intregal parts of recipes.

Comment

Another fine job!..... Rockin the new $10 Weber
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Another fine job!..... Rockin the new $10 Weber
                    you know it, the upgraded grate costs over $10,

I was told it was only used 2x, I have used it that much this weekend..

Comment

Ahhh..Melinda's my favorite sauce. Hard to find around here. I'm low on both the regular and the XXX. If ya never tried it folks...it's a damned good sauce. Not whimpy, but not pure fire either, and a good balanced flavor.

Nice dish dere, Jim. Like mudbugs... pinch da tail an suck da haid!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Like mudbugs... pinch da tail an suck da haid!
                        you got it.

Melinda's is great, I was kind of disappointed I had to empty out my last bottle for the sauce, but it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                        X