What Makes The Best Bloody Mary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Makes The Best Bloody Mary?

After Chuck -E- Cheese's last night, I was thinking a good Bloody Mary would have been in order this morning, but kids were around..... I've had some Great Bloody Mary's in bar's, tavern's, etc...... But what do you all like to do when making them?
    sigpic

Sriracha....Hot Rod! Dat stuff with some V-8...Some hooch.....Woooooo!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
      Sriracha....Hot Rod! Dat stuff with some V-8...Some hooch.....Woooooo!
      ....... I usually buy the spicy V-8 and add Worstechire for Red Beers, but never thought about the Sriracha..... Cat Daddy!
      sigpic

Comment

I start with a healthy dose of good vodka over ice, celery salt, pepper (CBP if you have it handy), a quick splash of worchestershire, several drops of tabasco, fill with tomato juice, and top it with a long, crisp, garlicky dill pickle as a swizzle stick. I like mine light on worchestershire, plenty of tabasco.

Mmm, mmm, good! Acid reflux takes some of the fun away these days though.

Comment

horseradish, good hot sauce, cbp, celery salt, celery stalks, shrimp, good vodka...making me thirsty now

2 Weber Kettles
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
          Brinkman ECB
          Charbroil 940X
          Project UDS
          Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

OK- Fish asked me for the recipe I had in "the recipe box" before Ken had to whack it. Honestly, I never make them the same twice. But here is a ballpark. Feel free to tweak.

1 quart V8
            1 quart Clamato
            2 beef bullion cubes
            3 anchovy filets
            2 tablespoons horseradish
            .25 cup dill pickle juice
            3 or so tablespoons fine FINE diced onion
            4 tablespoons Worchestshire
            2 Tablespoons mustard
            1 teaspoon CBP
            Shake er two of celery salt.

Add a couple cups V8 to a sauce pan. Add all other ingredients, reserving the Clamato and balance of V8 for finish.

Bring to a simmer and whisk, 5 min. or so.

Add in balance of liquids and chill overnight. If you can.

Oh, some may add other tweaks. Off the top of my head... vodka?
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Just had a Red Beer with Spicy V-8, Worstechire & Sriracha .... (Insert breathing fire icon here ) Cat Daddy!, that put the rock in the roll.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Just had a Red Beer with Spicy V-8, Worstechire & Sriracha .... (Insert breathing fire icon here ) Cat Daddy!, that put the rock in the roll.....
                Beer!...Now dat do be sounding tastee....!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  Beer!...Now dat do be sounding tastee....!
                  Firehouse Natty
                  sigpic

Comment

Mrs. Engineer makes a damn fine bloody mary and usually starts with spicy v8 and doctors from there. Celery salt rimmed glass is a critical element.

For an off the shelf mix, I have really been enjoying Zing Zang...makes a darn fine red beer too.

BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Texas-Hunter Chipotle Sauce gives a Bloody Mary the perfect and distinctive taste that tickles my taste buds into erotic arousal. Just my personal opinion, but I highly suggest adding a little to your next Bloody Mary and giving it a try.

T-H's sauce is also great to add to beer. I mentioned this one to T-H, but he said not many in Texas drink or even know whet Red Beer is..!
                      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

well we quit using vodka and now make our bloodys with bacardi lemoen and ofcoures all the fixins,beef stix, celery with cheese whiz,spicy pickle speer,pickled mushroom, pearl onion,...did I mention you need a big glass
                        sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                        members mark upright propane smoker
                        kingsford bbq
                        23"weber kettle

Comment

Working...
                        X