Attention Michiganders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Michiganders

Just wanted to throw it out there that I teach CPL (CCW) classes, advanced firearms, and defensive tactics. If you are interested please PM me.

My resume includes (but not limited to):

Currently a LEO for 12 years, 7 as a fed
    Firearms Instructor and Field Armorer for my agency
    Training at FLETC, CBP ATC, Sabre Defense w/ Paul Castle, Blackwater, and a lot more
    Trained with other federal, state and local agencies
    Thousands of hours of range and instruction experience
    FFL holder
    Glock and HK armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Last edited by Hannibal; 10-27-2010, 10:48 AM.
    “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
    - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

I have for a long time wanted to purchase a hand firearm for the protection of my family. We all watch the news and there are alot of insane people out there, and if something happened and I wasn't prepared ( like at this time) I don't think I could ever forgive myself. I live in a rural area and can sight my slug gun in, in my own back yard and you hear gun shots all the time which also means nasty folks could easily shoot and noone would really know the difference.

Comment

A handgun is always handy, that is for sure. However, for home protection a quality shotgun is a perfectly good option as well (some argue it is a better option). I personally like Remmie 870 platform for a shotty. Of course, in a perfect world, one would have as many options as possible. But, we don't live in a perfect world, and guns are not cheap.

There are other factors to consider, ie safe storage of the gun when you don't need it and easy access for when you do. So when it comes down to it, one gun may not fit all. You should find an option that you are comfortable with.

If you decide that you want to get something, give me a bump. I would be happy to help you out.
      “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
      - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

I hear you. I'll pm you with some questions.

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        A handgun is always handy, that is for sure. However, for home protection a quality shotgun is a perfectly good option as well (some argue it is a better option). I personally like Remmie 870 platform for a shotty. Of course, in a perfect world, one would have as many options as possible. But, we don't live in a perfect world, and guns are not cheap.

There are other factors to consider, ie safe storage of the gun when you don't need it and easy access for when you do. So when it comes down to it, one gun may not fit all. You should find an option that you are comfortable with.

If you decide that you want to get something, give me a bump. I would be happy to help you out.

Comment

- G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Stainless steel Model 66 Smith & Wesson .357 magnum with rosewood grip and red ramp sites. I keep a .38 special blank in the first chamber in case I need to scare someone off before I have to use it on them. I don't yet have a CCW but prolly should do that.
            sigpic

GOSM/propane
            UDS (Cam)/lump
            22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
            Weber Genesis/propane
            Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
              Stainless steel Model 66 Smith & Wesson .357 magnum with rosewood grip and red ramp sites. I keep a .38 special blank in the first chamber in case I need to scare someone off before I have to use it on them. I don't yet have a CCW but prolly should do that.
              Just some friendly advice:

Using a firearm to "scare someone off" is a felony. If (and only if) you believe that you are in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death (or being sexually assaulted) [per MI law] then you may use deadly force to defend yourself.

Otherwise, brandishing or discharging a gun (even a blank) may land you in a world of trouble.

Not to mention, it is not tactically sound. Why waste a chamber on a blank cartridge when you may depend on every round in that gun to save your life?
              - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Just some friendly advice:

Using a firearm to "scare someone off" is a felony. If (and only if) you believe that you are in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death (or being sexually assaulted) [per MI law] then you may use deadly force to defend yourself.

Otherwise, brandishing or discharging a gun (even a blank) may land you in a world of trouble.

Not to mention, it is not tactically sound. Why waste a chamber on a blank cartridge when you may depend on every round in that gun to save your life?
                Point taken and never really look at it that way. You'd think attempting to avoid deadly force would be look at favorably. Consider the blank history.
                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                UDS (Cam)/lump
                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                Weber Genesis/propane
                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                  Point taken and never really look at it that way. You'd think attempting to avoid deadly force would be look at favorably. Consider the blank history.
                  I follow ya and knew you had good intentions, but remember your future would be determined by 12 people that couldn't get out of jury duty!
                  - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

And next week I am one of them, SOB

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post

You are fulfilling your civic duty no doubt.
                      - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
                        when they ask you how you feel about a certain topic, or even when you walk into the courtroom for that matter, just start yelling "Fry the Fu%^er!!!"... someone is bound to "relieve you of your duties". lol

Later,
                        Andy
                        Current babies:
                        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                        -RichTee's Lang :)
                        Former Lineup:
                        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Working...
                        X