Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the most Out Of Date beverage you've ever drunk and survived ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the most Out Of Date beverage you've ever drunk and survived ?

I've just consumed this bottle. It's been in my workshop fridge for - well 11 years :-)
    10 1/2 years past it's drink by date.

Not even alcoholic. Have to admit I did drink it's younger brother last year and survived so figured this one would be alright too lol

Doesn't taste much of apples anymore, but was cold and fizzy and the only bottle I had in the fridge (note to self: BEER !)

So anyone got anything to beat this ? Whiskey and wine don't count lol
    It's got to be out of date.

I did drink an out of date bottle of beer couple of years ago - but I think that was only 6 years out of date, and had alcohol to keep it sterile.
    Attached Files
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

well there was some chunky milk the other day but i told myself it was cheese....

things don't last long im my fridges....
    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
    cast iron Hibachi
    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
    & rotisserator
    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
    my music recordings-
    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

WOW... You have some stones to drink that.. Sounds like a eruption waiting to happen.. Just not sure what end will erupt first...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

1/2 glass of 500 year old Château Mouton Rothschild, kinda vinegary. Long story, I used to go to Europe regularly working with entertainment.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Strange... very strange thread Alex.....

Hope everything works out....

Comment

I wouldn't of drank that, ain't no alcohol in it (think I'd rather drink out of the toilet lol )

Comment

It was bad stuff in Pordenone Italy! Swear it had a eyeball in it! Got thru it...dint throw up! The Italian Cat's in the bar was laffin...slappin me on the back for doin good... Chased it down with all the beers that was give to me!....I'm still standing!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                Hope everything works out....
                I am sure it will all come out in the end.
                “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
                Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
                - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

So Vino does not count?...... I'll tell the story anyways.... Back when I was a younger fish, in my early to mid 20's, me & my brother & a bunch of cousins all around the same age were staying at my Grandmothers house.... Big old house with this huge unfinished basement that had all kinds of shit in it from the last 60+ years probably.... A pretty fun party crew we all were (ARE) and earlier in the day, someone found a bottle of what turned out to be wine hidden in the basement.... no label.... no writing.... no nothing.... but it was corked & if ya held it up to the light, it looked like 3 inches of the bottom of a muddy lake..... There was probably about 8 of us & we got to drinking & playing cards & late that night or early the next morning somebody said "Hey!.... Where's that bottle?"..... So we popped the cork & had some straight shots..... Not really sure what it was & it tasted like crap, but we all had at least a little of it..... Then, we threw the bottle into the lake....
                  sigpic

Comment

Had a Harvey Wallbanger the other day.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

following day - no side effects.

Guess it just shows you how sterile modern (well almost modern lol) bottling plants are and how good sugar and carbonic acid are at keeping bugs at bay :-)

Seeing as how wine & port & whiskey are usually aged before being drunk, kinda not the same thing at all lol

Okay so what's the oldest bottle of beer you've ever drunk (pretty sure mine was 6 years past the sell by date). And whatever it was coors had stopped making it years before - so dave informed me with horror as I drank it :-)

My basic rule of thumb. If you hold it up to the light and there isn't any crap in the bottom - it's drinkable
                      Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-27-2010, 05:48 AM.
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I drank some very old Billy Beer that I bought at a car show swap meet once... I'll never do that again! I don't know what the consume by date was, or if it even had one, but this was back in the mid 90's when I drank it, and the beer had not been in production for a helluva long time before that... late 70's I believe.

Dat chit was AWFUL!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                          My basic rule of thumb. If you hold it up to the light and there isn't any crap in the bottom - it's drinkable
                          I have some 11 year old old ales from Bells I am looking forward to!

With modern hi-volume beers, there will NEVER be anything in the bottom, and stuff like the old ales and bottle conditioned beers there will always be. Best revisit your rule, CA ;{)
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

With modern hi-volume beers, there will NEVER be anything in the bottom,
                            lmao, don't you believe it.

I did actually throw out a bottle of beer when I installed the new workshop fridge (couple of months ago)- only about 8 years out of date - but a big cloudy mass in the bottom I wasn't going to touch with a barge pole.

It's not necessarily yeast, but you can still get a little precipitation and there are some real stubborn bacteria around.
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              I have some 11 year old old ales from Bells I am looking forward to!

With modern hi-volume beers, there will NEVER be anything in the bottom, and stuff like the old ales and bottle conditioned beers there will always be. Best revisit your rule, CA ;{)
                              Which ones? Expedition Stout? Third Coast Old Ale? I have to imagine if you have some 11 year old ales from Bells that they are truly rare finds. You should consider coming to one of my beer tastings when you uncork them. I have a few vintage barley-wines and stouts from various breweries around the country. This weekend it's a 2005 barley-wine from Shoreline brewery in IN.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X