A Twist on Jello Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Twist on Jello Shots

Now, I'm sure some of you, if not most of you, enjoy, or have enjoyed, a good jello shot during your lifetime. If done properly, these little jiggly buggers will be the hit of your next party... or be the party all by themselves.

Pretty simple, and farkin' good!

Choose your favorite flavor... mine are orange, lemon, and lime. There's a possible theme builder right there.

Orange you say? Obtain some oranges, cut them in half and scoop the meat out, leaving the orange peel "cup" intact. Place cups in a covered container and refrigerate. You can reserve the meat for incorporation into the shots, but I don't.

Choose your favorite alcohol... vodka works great, with a touch of orange liquor. Place the alcohol into the freezer to get ice cold.

This is a basic formula, you can replace the cold water with a cold juice of your liking... adjust as needed:

6 ounces Jello (large package)
    16 ounces Water (boiling)
    6 ounces Water (cold)
    10 ounces Vodka
    1 ounce Orange Liquor (optional)
    1 shitload of oranges

Mix the jello mix with the boiling water until the powder is fully dissolved. Remove from heat source, then add the cold water. Let it sit for about 45 minutes to cool off, then add the alcohol. Remove the orange "cups" from the fridge, then pour the mixture into the orange halves, and replace in the fridge.

When the jello has set up, cut the "cups" in half and serve. These go well while watching your favorite team lose the playoffs... they help ease the pain and misery...

Remember the lemon and lime mentioned at the beginning?

For a lemon flavor, do everything as above, just swap out everything orange with lemon. Forget the orange liquor. You might want to swap out the vodka with some good ol' 151 rum. Use your imagination.

Same thing for lime flavor. EXCEPT... use tequilla instead of vodka... farkin awesome!

Have fun, and sweet dreams!

WARNING! These are intended for adult use only... over consumption may lead to excessive confusion, followed by fits of laughter and impaired judgement. Your mileage may vary...
    Last edited by HawgHeaven; 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM. Reason: I failed to mention adding the alcohol after the liquid has cooled...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Having never had a jello shot, I just may try these. Thanks for the recipe.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Oh scheisse...I am making some of them this weekend. Thanks for the recipe..
      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

I've had 1 or 2......hundred jello shots in my day. My brother buys the little cups by the case. Hehe. Never had them this way. Does sounds fun though.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

He heee....Last time I had jello shots (big party) I was asked if I had my speedo to go swimmin! Hell yeah...never leave home without it! Louie told em.....she'd had a platter of them things! Don't dare em ya'll....Ta DA!...I'm struttin like Rick Flair in me speedo!.....Woooooo! Uhh...i'll try dat recipe! ........
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
            He heee....Last time I had jello shots (big party) I was asked if I had my speedo to go swimmin! Hell yeah...never leave home without it! Louie told em.....she'd had a platter of them things! Don't dare em ya'll....Ta DA!...I'm struttin like Rick Flair in me speedo!.....Woooooo! Uhh...i'll try dat recipe! ........
            Mike, we don't have to see pics after you try them, do we?
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I've got two neices that bring them to our family reunion golf outing but they have them in syringes, without the needle of course. They must go through between 75-100 of them. When they are passing them out it looks like an "old junkies" get-together......

Comment

HIC hic hic..barry dood are they
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

just some advice from the jello shot queen, ( the wife), don't add the alcohol untill the mixture has cooled, we usually let it sit out for about 45 minutes. The heat of the boiled water will evaporate the alcohol if it is added to soon.

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                    just some advice from the jello shot queen, ( the wife), don't add the alcohol untill the mixture has cooled, we usually let it sit out for about 45 minutes. The heat of the boiled water will evaporate the alcohol if it is added to soon.

Thanks Dan... I fixed it
                    Last edited by HawgHeaven; 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post

Great idea Phil...These will be a big hit anywhere....

Comment

RR -
                        LOVE your avatar.
                        Invite me to the party - - - P L E A S E ?

I'm not "too far" away.

:)
                        SKOL VIKES
                        Veedo

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                        I've had 1 or 2......hundred jello shots in my day. My brother buys the little cups by the case. Hehe. Never had them this way. Does sounds fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by supervman View Post
                          RR -
                          LOVE your avatar.
                          Invite me to the party - - - P L E A S E ?

I'm not "too far" away.

:)
                          SKOL VIKES
                          Veedo
                          Hehe. I'll meet ya or come get ya. Said that before.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                          X