Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time & temp

Hello smokers
    what temp. should pork butt be smoker at for the best meat.
    thanks

225-250 smoker temp, are you pulling it?

Comment

Originally posted by glenshar View Post
      Hello smokers
      what temp. should pork butt be smoker at for the best meat.
      thanks

Glen, I try and keep my smoker temp at 225 goes a little hotter at times. Smoking it to pull. I go to an internal temp of 195 to 200. At that point I wrap it in foil and towels and put into a cooler, usually in cooler at least an hour but usually 2.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I'll go with what Big Red Says. Thats the way I pull mine.

Comment

thanks

thanks that will help me a lot

Comment

TIME !

TIME !

TIME !

dude takes a pill...............

LOL.........no such thing as time.........it will be done when its done....true story......can't sugar that up at all ! A good REFERENCE is, 1.5 hours/lb. BUTT, that doen'st include the stall period. I WISH i could say you will always have a stall, any where's from a hour to EIGHT HOURS !.....butt sometimes you get a speed racer that won'd stall at all. Thats what happened to us at the gathering last year ! BUTT, if it gets done early, like it did on us last year, wrap it in plastic wrap, then foil, then blankets, then cooler, it will stay hot enuff, you can't pull it by hand 8 hours later !

Least thats what we found last year with two packers, and two butts.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by glenshar View Post
              thanks that will help me a lot
              Glen, hope it all turns out. when ya doing your PP? Take pics we love pics

edit: glen take a look at this. it also might help you out a little. http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sea...searchid=21209
              Last edited by BigRedQ; 03-13-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Go with Reds temps and methods and you will have just the greatest, juiciest PP you can have.
                sigpic

Comment

One of the things I've noticed is that even at at internal temp of 195 - 200 it still may not be done......done of course is a relative term, sort of like - the definition of it is!!
                  www.nopigleftbehind.com
                  -----------------------------

Comment

The longer you can wait to foil, the more bark you can get to form. Unfortunately, alot of folks can't wait 12 hours for dinner. I usually foil around 160 to 170º internal, then actually crank up the smoker from 250 to 300º. Just did two 5 lb butts in 8 hours.

Comment

TIME !

TIME !

TIME !

dude takes a pill...............
                      what the dude says when it comes to low & slow slow is usally what it is. its just better that way. Temp is the important part.
                      Terry here
                      Still have Christene

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                        TIME !

TIME !

TIME !

Uhh... Looks like 3:44 pm
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

your watch is slow, its almost 4:20

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Working...
                          X