late season peppers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late season peppers...

Havent seen any garden threads lately so I thought I would throw this out there...

Yeah...Here in the middle of nowhere we are still bringin in peppers and maters Lots of em...

Here is what we picked today...

Five and a half pounds of my Lemon Drop peppers...Its an Aji for those who give a s***...I use them instead of cayenne...

And this is just from TWO plants...first harvest and not the last if the weather holds

These will be hittin the dryer in the morning...
    After that I gotta get after the habs...

Its been an amazing autumn....
    Craig
    sigpic

Those are some fine looking peppers (that I've never heard of). Walle just brought me a bag of jalapenos that were the last of the garden. I think maybe I'll dry these too.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looking good...i am down to10 jap plants and a bell pepper.....Damn stink bugs invaded last month and ruined late season crop.....They hit our region hard and did mucho damage....

I grow some aji lemons for my bro everyyear....He loves em and uses in yellow mole sauces etc...

Comment

Great looking Lemons Craig! ...... When dried, what color are they?
        sigpic

Comment

Tasty looking peppers, Craig!
          Mine are done ...

gotta say... I used my ground chili powder in my last batch of rub instead of cayenne and wow, what a difference it made.

Those are tasty looking little buggars!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            Great looking Lemons Craig! ...... When dried, what color are they?
            Yellow....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
              Yellow....
              Odd...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice lookin peppers, and I also have seen them before. It was a great autumn and was still pickin peppers here till last weeks frosts. I just got off the lawn mower hopefully for the last time this year and took a sickle bar to the garden.

Comment

Those are sooo pretty. Love that "lemon" color. I've never heard of them either. I think I might designate a spot and do a massive experiemental pepper garden next year. Do you save any of the seeds for planting? Are they hybrids?

Comment

i think i need to give up on my corn and pumpkins and just grow some peppers next year. I don't have a lot of yard to use for a garden, so I have to be a bit more picky about what I plant. for some reason, i think the !#@$^% squirrels will leave the peppers alone, better than my corn. pumpkins and watermelons just take up too much room and just about anything else gets eaten by the squirrels. I have about 4-dozen of the little bastards buried in the garden as we speak, but that doesnt seem to slow them down at all. i kill one and 4 more come back to avenge his death. sorry for the rant... just had to vent a little bit.

speaking of garden pests, is there anything I can spread/spray/till into the soil that will help curb weeds? most of the commercial style "aids" don't seem to do anything for me. short of soil sterilizer, i can't seem to find anything yet. I am thinking of getting some top soil, waiting a year before I plant anything, and cover it all with black plastic in the mean time... either that, or just re-grass the area.

Later,
                    Andy
                    Current babies:
                    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                    -RichTee's Lang :)
                    Former Lineup:
                    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                      Those are sooo pretty. Love that "lemon" color. I've never heard of them either. I think I might designate a spot and do a massive experiemental pepper garden next year. Do you save any of the seeds for planting? Are they hybrids?
                      I dont save pepper seeds...they cross pollinate very easily...mine are planted in a very close pattern...one variety next to the other...not takin a chance on next years harvest to try to save a few bucks...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X