Stone Brewery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Brewery

Comrades in arms, a great travesty has befallen the Smoked-Meat membership. It would appear there is no mention to what is perhaps the tastiest beer this side of the Pecos.

I'm refering, of course, to Stone Brewery's selection of beer. My personal favorite, and a staple at Stone, is Stone Pale Ale. Dark, just the right amuont of bitterness, and lots of body. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Many like the IPA, which is also very good. Sometimes I'm in a darker mood, and reach for an Arrogant Bastard Ale. I AM worthy, and anyone that says otherwise will taste the back of my hand!

Another real treat (for many, but not me) is the Smoked Porter. I don't like the smokey taste in the beer - let's just keep that in the meat, shall we?

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you have not yet sampled one of the upper shelf elixers available to us in this day and age, avail yourself. It is truly fantastic.

I have had the AB ale. Found it all it claims. Overbearing and haughty. Just because it's a micro don't make it good.

In all fairness, I have had nothing else from the company. I guess it's a plus they make a rauchbier... even tho you don't care for it. I'd try a bottle of that!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

AB is pretty gnarly - it's not everyone's cup of tea. As I said, my favorite is the Pale Ale (not the IPA, which is different). Give that one a shot if you see it on the shelves.

With the brewery just up the hill from my office, a scant two minutes away, we end up heading there pretty frequently. Lots of the guys here like a "Smokey Indian", which is the smoked porter mixed with the IPA.

If anybody finds themselves at loose ends in North San Diego County, give me a shout - I'll treat you to a Stone at the brewery.

Comment

Never seen it here...It do sound tasty! (Don't ya'll gimme no chit bout me natty's) I am a member of CAMRA...yeah CA...I do like England! Them folks can get after a fine Beer!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have not heard of that one before. We have one hell of a liquor store here with a pant load of micro brews. I will look for this on my next outing. In fact, I may just pick up 6 or so micros for review. Nice thing about our store, you can buy all the beer one bottle at a time. Weather is turning colder here, time to stock up on my porters and stouts
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

I'm down with the AB. The shirt doesn't get me much love in public though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keelaboosa View Post
              Comrades in arms, a great travesty has befallen the Smoked-Meat membership. It would appear there is no mention to what is perhaps the tastiest beer this side of the Pecos.

I'm refering, of course, to Stone Brewery's selection of beer. My personal favorite, and a staple at Stone, is Stone Pale Ale. Dark, just the right amuont of bitterness, and lots of body. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Many like the IPA, which is also very good. Sometimes I'm in a darker mood, and reach for an Arrogant Bastard Ale. I AM worthy, and anyone that says otherwise will taste the back of my hand!

Another real treat (for many, but not me) is the Smoked Porter. I don't like the smokey taste in the beer - let's just keep that in the meat, shall we?

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you have not yet sampled one of the upper shelf elixers available to us in this day and age, avail yourself. It is truly fantastic.

Have not tried that brew... But must say, it is marketing at its finest..... Or worst (Any publicity/press is good publicity?).... I will check em out @ Gravity (Local Beer Shop) ..... (See, it worked... )
              sigpic

Comment

Not a real ale fan myself - but there are an awful lot of them around here.

India Pale Ale (IPA) is usually a good smooth mellow drink.
                IT was popularised by Burton brewers, I believe by marstons initially (not bass as you might suspect) it's a bottle conditioned ale and was designed to 'mature' on the trip out to india - it was packed in straw in barrels and sent in boats.

I might not like the stuff, but you can't live near burton on trent for 25 years without learning something about 'real' beer lol
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  it's a bottle conditioned ale and was designed to 'mature' on the trip out to india
                  Ahhh the PC way to put it... it was REALLY hopped up like a mo-fo to SURVIVE the trip is what I heard ;{) Ugh!
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

lol nope ipa is a really mellow drink, not bitter or heavy.

Good stuff.
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                      lol nope ipa is a really mellow drink, not bitter or heavy.

Good stuff.
                      Says you. It IS bitter, by our standards. And I like real beer too. You can't deny hops are a preservative, as well as the alcohol.

Comment

call me a puss all you want, but bud light is the best stuff known to man. lol I will down a 12-pac of 'em, wake up the next morning at 7, and start mowing the lawn... no hangover what-so-ever, and trust me... I am HAMMERED drunk the night before. lol

Miller will knock me out in 4 or 5 though... last time I drank just miller, I didn't get up to mow the lawn the next morning... we'll just put it like that. lol

Sam Adams is about as heavy as I can go. like I said, call me a puss, but it's heavy as far as i'm concerned. I really like their seasonal options. always seem to hit the spot.

Later,
                        Andy
                        Current babies:
                        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                        -RichTee's Lang :)
                        Former Lineup:
                        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                          call me a puss all you want, but bud light is the best stuff known to man. lol I will down a 12-pac of 'em, wake up the next morning at 7, and start mowing the lawn... no hangover what-so-ever, and trust me... I am HAMMERED drunk the night before. lol

Miller will knock me out in 4 or 5 though... last time I drank just miller, I didn't get up to mow the lawn the next morning... we'll just put it like that. lol

Sam Adams is about as heavy as I can go. like I said, call me a puss, but it's heavy as far as i'm concerned. I really like their seasonal options. always seem to hit the spot.

Later,
                          Andy
                          OK, you're a puss! If you enjoy drinking unleaded clydesdale piss, more power to ya'.

I'll take the beer with flavor every time. And every beer I have tried from Stone Brewing is full of flavor, I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of their beers I have tried with Smoked Porter being one of my favorites.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                          Paul

Comment

Had to stop in here and support the Arrogant. I love the stuff. Most find the stuff on the bottle to be true though. Tried the Double B once. Yikes ! More is not always better.
                            Weber Smoky Joe
                            18" Weber Silver
                            22.5" Weber Gold
                            22.5" Weber Silver
                            UDS X 2
                            Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                            Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                            Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                            Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                            Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                            Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                            Blackstone three burner flat top
                            5" AMZNPS
                            Vortex x 2
                            Maverick ET 73
                            Maverick ET 732
                            Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                            Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                            Pitmaster iQue 110
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keelaboosa View Post
                              Many like the IPA, which is also very good.
                              Understatement of the year! That IPA is *outstanding*!!!!

It's my fiancé's go to beer... it's a shame I can't get Sixtels of it in my neck of the woods in PA...because it would be on regular rotation on the Fat Head Tap (my basement)

/I'm a total hop head, and have a recently tapped keg of Founders Double trouble in my basement
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Weber 22.5" Silver
                              Weber Performer Platinum
                              Smokey Mountain Gas Vertical Water Smoker
                              Big Green Egg XL with iQue 110
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X