Cowgirl's smoked fish tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowgirl's smoked fish tacos

Well being Lent and all, and seeing that I love a good fish taco, I figured what better time to try these out than today.

I followed Jeanie's directions and they came out great! I will definitely be making these more often!

Had a little trouble with the MES. it didn't want to get above 225*, then about 45 minutes in it just shut off. After starting it back up it started climbing up to about 245, but by that time it was time to take the fish off. Oh well.

I didn't take many pictures, because frankly they look exactly the same as Jeanie's pics, just with different bowls, lol.

So here's the one I did take to prove it happened. My plating skills aren't nearly as good as hers though...

Double wrapped in freshly heated corn tortillas, with a little roasted red pepper and corn salsa on top. Mmmm.
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Mmmm Fish Tacos :P

Comment

Now those look great! I haven't had fish tacos for a long time. Thanks for the pics.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks really good to me!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Don't worry about being as godd of a plate decorator as Jeannie, few are. A good looking plate as far as I am concerned is any of them with smoked meat on them. I don't get excited over garnishments or fancy plates. When I sit down to eat, all I want is good tasting food. The looks of it is the last thing on my mind. Sort of like being in the Orient and eating home cooked food. If you can't get past the looks, you probably won't get past the smell and that all equals no food today.

Your tacos looked fine. Never had fish tacos. Maybe someday I'll try smoking up some bass or crappie and give it a try. PP works better in the shells though I think.
          sigpic

Comment

Mike they look great! So glad they turned out well for you!
            jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

never had a fish taco before... hmmmmm. well mebe some day.... looks good, and i am sure if jeanie made it, well it would have to be good!!!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

fish taco's are SO wrong, if you guys get my drift. alot of jokes bout taco's, smelling like fish..........LOLOL

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                  fish taco's are SO wrong, if you guys get my drift. alot of jokes bout taco's, smelling like fish..........LOLOL
                  Snickerin....I knew it was coming!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                    Snickerin....I knew it was coming!
                    cant believe it wasn't said already.........lol

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                      Only you, Dude ... only you ...

I've never tried fish tacos but have heard they are mighty tasty. If this is a recipe that's been duplicated from Jeanie's then I'm sure it's delish!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                      Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                      sigpic

Comment

Great job, Mike!
                        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                        Weber Smokey Joe