Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a bird ? a plane ? a Turducken ? no it's a Porbelamb !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a bird ? a plane ? a Turducken ? no it's a Porbelamb !!!!!!!

A bud of mine wants to go halfers on doin a turducken together which no doubt will be good ,but it along with a few got me to thinking of doing something in a meat equivilent .

After some thinking ,I decided on the Porbelamb ,this is what I came up with .

I started with a bnls chuck roast ( longer tube shaped )versus the usual flatter type ... which I then butterflied open ... I spread out 1 lb of german sausage ( store bought )to cover the surface , then I placed a rack of lamb on the edge of the roast and put some crushed cloves of garlic along the lamb and seasoned with some rosemarry and cbp .Then I tied the chuck roast up to cover the lamb , placing the strings in between the bones of the rack .

Next I took a whole pork butt and removed the bone , then I butterflied it open also and covered it with 1 lb of mild italian sausage ( store bought ), then I placed the chuck roast with the lamb onto the butt and tied it up so that the butt covered the beef .

Did I mention this thing has turned into a Behemoth of a roast didn't plan on it being this big ( weighs about 17 lbs ) gonna have to invite more guests for supper I guess .... next time I'll have to make a smaller version

Anyways any type of lamb , pork and beef could be used to do this , I did a google search for Porbelamb and came up empty , this could be a worlds first ... here's some pics of my process ( in order )now it's in the fridge waiting on being cooked later this week .
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

OMG your outta control. LOL

That thing is huge. (get your mind out of the gutter, I meant his meat is huge)

This will be one for the record books. Can't wait to see some sliced pics from this monster meat mutation. Your gonna need a sword to cut it.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Dang T-Bone, I'm available for supper!! That's gonna be awesome I'm sure bro!

What flavor wood are you gonna use, and at what temp are you cooking it? Internal temp?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

interesting go at it. am wondering how she will taste. great I imagine. good luck.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
          OMG your outta control. LOL

That thing is huge. (get your mind out of the gutter, I meant his meat is huge)

This will be one for the record books. Can't wait to see some sliced pics from this monster meat mutation. Your gonna need a sword to cut it.
          I'm thinkin' a chainsaw...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

keep in it...

Comment

Did you use any cure in there? How you gonna get the internal temp up to 140? Looks awesome, I like the thought process.
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Im blown away Tim...

How ya gonna get the inner strings out before serving
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

DAMN!!!
                  sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

I am rarely blown away. Holy Christ on a bicycle! That is impressive! I was doing that grunting man laugh just reading the description then I actually looked at the pictures! My wife was wondering what was so funny. I seldom have audible expressions at the computer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Did you use any cure in there? How you gonna get the internal temp up to 140? Looks awesome, I like the thought process.
                      Good question... but DAMN man! IMPRESSIVE!

Obviously not a low/slow candidate.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wow! That is the coolest thing I think I have ever scene!!! Definately need more pics. Points for presentation alone!!

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                          Dang T-Bone, I'm available for supper!! That's gonna be awesome I'm sure bro!
                          What flavor wood are you gonna use, and at what temp are you cooking it? Internal temp?
                          Phil , come for supper anytime ,I am thinking apple for smoke @ 225-250 smoke temp , till an internal in the lamb of approx 135 *.

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                          Mark ,no cure , gonna run the smoker at approx 225-250 *till an internal of 135* in the lamb.

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Im blown away Tim...
                          How ya gonna get the inner strings out before serving
                          S F , I will slice and remove the strings as I see them , gonna advise peeps to be lookin for any I miss ... I figure the meat will likely come apart when sliced anyhow making the strings visable.

This will definetly be a learning smoke , never smoked a roast this big ... next time gonna have to make it smaller
                          sigpic
                          homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Originally posted by T-bone Tim View Post
                            Phil , come for supper anytime ,I am thinking apple for smoke @ 225-250 smoke temp , till an internal in the lamb of approx 135 *.
                            You sure? I'm thinking you need to crank the puppy. You have exposed meat deep down in the center. It's gotta hit 140 within the 4 hours...and that thang's HUGE!
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

also the exernal lamb temp needs to be 165 since it is in contact with the ground meat....not sure the internal can stay at 135............

the higher temp sould not be a problem since there is plenty of fat from the sausage and butt to baste the other meats..........looking forward to this one!
                              sigpic
                              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
                              X