Grinder Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder Question

Can anyone tell me if #32 grinder plates from a hand crank grinder will work on a #32 electric? I'm thinking they should as the # denotes neck diameter which should be the same. I don't know about plate thickness though. I think the motor on my motorized cranker is about to conk out. It was really grunting today and started to smoke. It is quite underpowered (1/4 hp) but a gear reduction motor which works very well otherwise. I have gotten 15 plus years out of it so I can't complain. I have a pretty complete assortment of #32 plates and I'd hate to not be able to use them on a new electric if I go that route.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

I bought a couple of plates from the sausage maker for my cabelas grinder that were supposed to be universal, but they were just a tiny bit too large. I know some are proprietary, in that, they are"keyed" differently. So it's not a guarantee that a 32 is a perfect match. Wished I had a better answer but if you can, take the plates with you when you go shopping.
    JT

Comment

They should be okay unless you get some off brand grinder...

Here is size and dimensions from the sausage maker.

Grinder Plate and Knife Information

Our knives and plates are made out of hardened steel. To determine what size grinder plate and knife you need, you must measure the overall diameter of the plate you currently have. The following plate and knife sizes are available from The Sausage Maker, Inc.

NOTE: When replacing the grinder plate, the knife should also be replaced.

Plates

• #8, #323: 2 7/16" overall diameter with a 3/8" center hole
      • #10, #12: 2 3/4" overall diameter with a 3/8" center hole
      • #22, #20: 3 1/4" overall diameter with a 7/16" center hole
      • #32: 3 15/16" overall diameter with a 1/2" center hole

NOTE: All plates are 1/4" thick

Knives

• #8: 2 1/8" diameter tip to tip with a 7/16" square center hole
      • #10, #12: 2 1/4" diameter tip to tip with a 7/16" square center hole
      • #22: 2 3/4" diameter tip to tip with a 1/2" square center hole
      • #32: 3 1/2" diameter tip to tip with a 5/8" square center hole

Comment

Thanks guys, I forgot about the center hole dimension being a factor, but it sure would, also my plates have an alignment notch which I don't know will matter?
        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

I have a #32 hand & electric and all my plate interchange.
          Now both of these are kinda old school but the new plates fit just fine too.
          look them over before ya buy or ask about measurements of the plates.
          BEER-B-Q had a great chart.
          hope this helps a little.

Terry here
          Still have Christene

Comment

Looks like they need better storage techniques... clean 'em and spray 'em down with Pam and keep them wrapped in a Pam soaked rag in a ziplock.

Maybe some electrical work too?

And for God's sakes, keep fingers clear of that old beast! One of the old time "illegals" right there...
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Looks like they need better storage techniques... clean 'em and spray 'em down with Pam and keep them wrapped in a Pam soaked rag in a ziplock.

Maybe some electrical work too?

And for God's sakes, keep fingers clear of that old beast! One of the old time "illegals" right there...
              These were pics right after we picked them up one from a yard sale & 1 from the auction.both have been cleaned & the big ole monster has been used a couple of times to get ready for deer season. Made a nice pusher for safety
              thanks
              Terry here
              Still have Christene

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                These were pics right after we picked them up one from a yard sale & 1 from the auction.both have been cleaned & the big ole monster has been used a couple of times to get ready for deer season. Made a nice pusher for safety
                thanks
                Phew... that thing would take BOTH hands... Some classic stuff there for sure tho!

I should have known better Thanks!
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

That's why I spent the coin to go with all stainless steal plates and knives..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                    That's why I spent the coin to go with all stainless steal plates and knives..
                    Well said, Sir... I feel like I got robbed when I got a set too. But that li'l old Maverick I have COMES with them!

I still store them as I mentioned. Keeps knicks and loss to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                    X