Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vas is dis...

"green chili"?

I have had, and love..pork verde'. It's a thicker type deal, and uses tomatillos and pork hunks simmered to tender. But a bud says out west it's similar -but thinner? Any input folks?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

I have had it a few times. Made it once.. I will have to dig around in my recipe box and find the one I made..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

i guess the term "green chili" can mean a lot of different things. it can be like you said with chunks of pork simmered in a sauce of green chilis, sometimes tomatillos, onions and cilantro. also the term "chili" also means a sauce served at the table that can be thin or med thickness that is used like salsa. a typical chili verde is quite spicy and full of flavor and some can have avocados as a base. also, "green chili" can be a warm (temp not spicy) sauce used to top chimichangas and burros.
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I made some Pozole tonight.With canned green chili's Salsa verde and Mexican Oregano,Basil and Garlic,Pork loin and Mexican Hominy.Topped with a sqeeze of Lime wedges,Onions and sliced Cilantro.Salt and peppr to taste.Love the green pork although not a fan of the Hominy as a kid.I like it now.I know no pics I'm fulla shit!
        sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Originally posted by ALX
          Yeah...gotta watch border jumpers like rob.....
          if you knew me you would know that i can't jump over a stick.............
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
            if you knew me you would know that i can't jump over a stick.............
            Busted again my friend...what can i say...Peace brother....You quick on trigger too....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
              ....You quick on trigger too....
              who you callin' a .........

oh, TRIGGER......my bad..............
              sigpic

Comment

who you callin' a .........

oh, TRIGGER......my bad..............
                ...Glad we had worked that out well before my friend....Dont want folk thinking we werent joshing etc....Yep...They well may put the cocunt shell on me torch and tell me/vote to get the fark off island...

Comment

a typical chili verde is quite spicy and full of flavor
                  Mmm . . . chili verde . . .

Two of the restaurants here in town serve a pretty good chili verde. Casa Ramos has the better sauce and Rancho Grande has larger pork chunks which seem more flavorful.

If they could combine the two it would be AWESOME!!

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

My favorite chili verde.
                    comes out different everytime;
                    couple handfulls tomitillos, quartered
                    quartered onion
                    4-5 cloves garlic
                    whatever fresh peppers I find at the store, halfed and cleaned(depending on how much heat I wanted)
                    Throw it all in a roasting pan.
                    evoo, s and p
                    roast it till soft and hit it with a boat motor.
                    chunk and brown off my pork(shoulder)
                    Throw it all in a crock pot and forget about it for about 8 hours or so.
                    Always good, I change this and that, point is, tomatillos, pork and time. Damn good combo!
                    JT

Comment

They all sound alot like what I do too. If I'm cooking all day, I use the crockpot, if I'm in a hurry I'll throw the stuff in the pressure cooker.
                      A chunk of pork loin, some tomatillos, some onion and garlic cloves, a couple cans of green chiles unless I have fresh from the garden and a chopped jalapeņo or two. I've even thrown a couple chopped green tomatoes in too just for effect. Add a little chicken broth and let it cook until the meat is fall apart. For me, this goes in a large flour tortilla with pinto beans, lime cilantro rice, cheese, sour cream and a couple spoons of green habanero salsa.

Comment

Working...
                      X