Football Day/Night Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Day/Night Steaks

We had a coupe of 8 oz steaks air drying in the fridge for three days so time for some prep. This was done just in time because our meat dryer fridge, travel fridge, died. Did a little trim and applied some sea salt. My wife has filled up both food refrigerators so I have to store these steaks in my beverage fridge for about six hours. Sorry beer.

Had some time so I cleaned up the SRG grill and re seasoned it.

Evening is here, football is on, no Life Time allow on this tv, beverage is up, heater is lit to take the nip out of the air and now time to relax, enjoy the games and cook.

Time to take out the steaks and let them sit for about an hour to allow the steaks to come up to room temperature.

Game was on, more beverages were consumed, heater is warming the area so time to lite the SRG.
    I set the knob to my predetermined setting for steaks.

Looked like a nice blue flame so I let the setting for the time being and monitored the temperature.

Grill area temperature came up so I, as CB has told us, applied some high temp cooking oil, to help non-sticking.

The grill hit almost 700 degrees so, in a couple of minutes it is time to grill.

Steaks are on and I grill for 2 1/2 minutes turn, 2 1/2 minutes flip, 2 1/2 minutes turn, 2 1/2 minutes check internal temperature and remove for a 10 minute rest.

My love bride has the table set and because there will be just the two of us no tablescape tonight, instead, as she calls it, just simple place settings and BTW the cat was ready

Almost ten minutes so I checked the temperaure
    which was good so off they came, loosely covered and rested.

Plated

Great dinners need, in mho, a good after dinner cordial.
    sigpic

Great Post!..... Great Meal!...... Outdoor TV's for sporting events ROCK!.... Big Fan of outdoor entertaining areas....
    sigpic

Comment

Look at the beer selection, nice and looked like you had a killer meal

Comment

Man...You are up & after it! Just a fine meal...Like all them gettin on it pics!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Stunning display sir....

Comment

Thank You one and all.

sigpic

Comment

That...was really well done sir!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
              X