Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deviled Eggs Sweet Mag's Way and Some with Mad Hunky. How do you make yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviled Eggs Sweet Mag's Way and Some with Mad Hunky. How do you make yours?

We had our Thanksgiving pot luck today at work and I made deviled eggs. There are sooooo many different ways to do deviled eggs and I thought I'd share my way.

30 eggs hard boiled, cut in half and the yokes removed.

My main ingredients

I started with about a 1/4 cup of vinegar, 5 spoonfuls of the relish and just about a tablespoon of sugar.

Mix that all up and then taste test.

Then add more vinegar, relish or sugar as you feel needed. At this point I added 3 more spoonfuls of the relish. I try not to use much vinegar...just enough to get it moist enough to mash. Plus the sweet relish has a bit of liquid too, and that also helps.

I like a stiff stuffing. I can't stand runny deviled eggs!

After I'm happy with the deviled egg mix, I stuff the eggs and usually sprinkle with smoked paprika. This time I sprinkled a third with the smoked paprika, a third with Mad Hunky and left a third plain. Then I topped some with bacon bits!

My test taste. Smoked paprika on the right and Mad Hunky on the left.

Wow! The Mad Hunky really put a kick to them! Here's one tray for the pot luck. Mad Hunky on the right. Some do not have bacon.

I had another tray with the rest of the Mad Hunky eggs and plain ones.

How do you do yours? I do not care for mustard and mayo in them.

Thanks for checking out my deviled eggs. My co-workers loved them all!
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

They look good!! I didnt know they could be made without mayo and mustard, ill be damned not that i make them ever maybe one time, i just assumed they always had mustard and mayo in them.

Comment

Doh now i just read the bottom where you said you dont like mayo or mustard in them

Comment

First of all after you peel them eggs hit them with some smoke for about an hour. One of those Amazin Smokers would work well for this. Then after splitting them and separating the yolks I use a fork to mash the yolks and mix in a little mayo, dijon mustard, chives or finely chopped green onion, salt, black pepper and pipe back into the white 1/2's. Then hit them with a little paprika and parm cheese.
        sigpic

GOSM/propane
        UDS (Cam)/lump
        22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
        Weber Genesis/propane
        Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

I don't use mayo, but sometimes some olive oil to smooth it a bit. Put the MH right in the mix :{) Hot sauce is the topper :{)
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

......I like your way Becky..... The Mad Hunky has got to be good on them .... Great job sista
            sigpic

Comment

I havent ever made these but dangit Becky Ill give ya points just for peeling 30 boiled eggs...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

How do I make deviled eggs?

The best way I found to make deviled eggs, is to watch my wife make them, and then be the taste tester

GOSM
                K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                Digital Thermometers
                Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

I prefer everything without mayo. So these may be right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.
                  Keith

Comment

I like the no mustard/mayo approach Becky!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Beauty sista....I like em your way too...not a big fan of mayo....

Comment

OoooWeee....Nice job there Becky!...Bout 12 of them & some Nattys! Yeow.....
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

for deviled eggs! They look great!

On a side note, I tried Baconaise in deviled eggs once, ONCE! {{{shudder}}}
                          sigpic

Comment

Hhhmmmm, I surely do love eatin me some deviled eggs. Notice I said eaten, not makin. I leave that to the wife LOL. Then I eat em all.

I have made them and the last few times I did was the yokes with plain yellow mustard, a bit of relish and a moderate amount of red beet horseradish. Mix it all up and into a small zip loc bag with the corner cut and squeeze it out into the halved eggs, sorta like a pastry bag. Then onto the smoker for an hour with heavy smoke.
                            Damm, now I'm in the mood for em.

Great job. They look amazing and I bet your co workers swarmed over em
                            https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

I like mixing the yokes with some mayo,cream cheese and smoked salmon
                              sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                              members mark upright propane smoker
                              kingsford bbq
                              23"weber kettle

Comment

Working...
                              X