Spicy Pickled Eggs (coming soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Pickled Eggs (coming soon)

My buddies mom brought somefor Thanksgiving and they were great, so i am making some with louisiana hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, fresg garlic cloves and I dumped the rest of her clear mix in that had the hot peppers aoi cant wait to see how they turn out, theres about a dozen marinating since yesterday. I had them out on the counter for a day and then i read that that is bad so i put them in the fridge, so i hope they are ok?

And an ingenious plug lol

Comment

I knowed the taverns used to store them at room temp, so I would "guess" you would be OK? ........ I love me some pickled eggs, now ya got me thinking.....
      sigpic

Comment

I used to see them in the bars sitting out, but everything that I have read online so far, including articles from a few county extension agencies have all said not to, that they should be kept in the fridge

Maybe the ones the tavers sell are packed with preservatives so they can sit out. I am making some this week as well.
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Ya i have always seen them sitting out but i looked for different recipes after i made them and a few said not to leave them out because of botulism im sure its a rare thing, they will pickle quicker at room temp too from what i understand, and i didnt can them with sterile jar and all that but i think the vinegar will make them keep just fine.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing how they turned out. I made some Mustard Pickled Eggs a while back that were awesome, and only took about a week,
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
              Looking forward to hearing how they turned out. I made some Mustard Pickled Eggs a while back that were awesome, and only took about a week,
              Thats what im hoping is a week will be enough, but either way im damn sure gonna eat one then and see

Comment

Man...I do like em... Louie has issues with me when I eat em...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sounds tasty! I made Ken's jalapeno pickled eggs a couple times and two weeks seemed to be a good starting point. I sampled them at one week and then again at two weeks....the extra time really helped. I never did get to taste any that soaked for a month...

L8r,
                  Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                    Yea because egg farts werent bad enough already now add explosives lol

Comment

Pande, those are gonna be off the hook. Can't wait to see the results and hear your take.

Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
                      Hey Grue buddy, care to share your recipe as well. Sounds good too

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      Wonder why Mike
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

A good twist in pickled eggs .Ill have to try that and see how it turns out .Sounds really delicious..
                        Anything smoked is da bomb .

Comment

given the amount of vinegar and the fac that the eggs are precooked - can't see them going off and they sell the jars in costco off unrefridgerated shelves.

I can see their appeal - it's just the after effects..
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Maybe add a little Smitty's to the next batch, should make for quite the assplosion!
                            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                              Hey Grue buddy, care to share your recipe as well. Sounds good too
                              http://www.mom-mom.com/amish_mustard_eggs.htm

I added some Grey Poupon and spicy brown mustard to the mix, along with some pickling spices and a couple dashes of habanero extract.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X