Turkey Broth Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Broth Storage

I made some homemade broth from the carcasses of our two birds last Friday. This is the first time I've made broth and actually had it set up I ended up with almost a gallon of turkey broth jello...might tasty stuff!

Now I've been slack and busy (flew to NYC from Charlotte and back yesterday w/ work) and haven't gotten any of it in the freezer yet.

Is it too late to freeze some of it? How long will it keep in the fridge or freezer?
    ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Hard to say if it's still OK. But I like to freeze alot of my stocks and liquid gold in small containers ( and ice cube trays, alot of uses), If you measure it before freezing say in 1 Cup portions you can use for making rice. When frozen I bag up and put back in the freezer.

Comment

If it still smells ok would ya freeze it?

Food germs suck and I'm not educated enough....thanks guys!
      ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

If it is less than 5-7 days and was kept cold, I would say you should be golden to freeze it up. Smell is a pretty good indicator in many cases (I think anyways) and since it is cooked there is little to zero risk of the worst kinds of bacteria being present. Gravies and the like have a pretty long shelf life in general. This is all based off my opinion and limited knowledge! Don't quote me
        Last edited by ijusthvit; 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Friday to wednesday...freeze it now....before it is too late....
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

If it was covered, I would think you would be OK.. I have sat on broth in the frig covered for about this long with no issues...

Like Lee said... I break mine down to 2 cups and freeze..
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
            X