Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Kettle Grilled Tri Tip Strips With Fire Cam And To Hell With Pizza Tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Kettle Grilled Tri Tip Strips With Fire Cam And To Hell With Pizza Tonight!

We typically don't have much time after work for dinner, so Pizza or take out is pretty common..... I'm kinda getting tired of it (plus it's expensive ) so I am trying to think up quick & easy dinners that come from the grill, or at least part of them when it's not raining or too windy outside....... The potatoes are cut in 1/2, scored in a grid patter, then coated in EVOO, Kosher Salt, CBP & Mad Hunky..... Baked @ 425* for 30-35 minutes cut/scored side down on aluminum foil sprayed with Pam..... Cut strips about 1/4" thick from Tri Tip steaks..... EVOO, Kosher Salt, CBP & Soy Sauce, mix & grill over direct heat..... There's just something about being around a grill.....

sigpic

Well how did it turn out? I mean The tri tip looks real good but was it tender and juicy doing it this way...or.........
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

looks like a nice alternative to pizza!
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Very nice dinner .... I probably wouldnt grill or smoke if it didnt involve fire etc..Thanks for the pyro pics...

bout time to fire up me burning barrel....
        Last edited by ALX; 12-02-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

...... I love the pyro man..... LOVE IT!

They are great done this way Craig! & it's easy for me to grill to desired "doneness" for everyone...... The family likes em medium, I like about 2 minutes per side when cut thin like this & typically just eat them before they make it inside .... They are super juicy & tender & that little shot of Soy sauce just wakes them up a bit..... It's quick & good & I get my pyro fix in also....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            Check out them sure fire grooves...

GROOVY PIC Arturo!

Love the grilled Tri-Tip...good looking stuff.
            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

For not having any time to cook, that looks damn good to me!
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

That'll work, looks like what could be for dinner to Me!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  ...... I love the pyro man..... LOVE IT!

They are great done this way Craig! & it's easy for me to grill to desired "doneness" for everyone...... The family likes em medium, I like about 2 minutes per side when cut thin like this & typically just eat them before they make it inside .... They are super juicy & tender & that little shot of Soy sauce just wakes them up a bit..... It's quick & good & I get my pyro fix in also....
                  Well alrighty then...I dont have any tri tip available but I do have a couple 2" thick ribeyes in the freezer...I was gonna smoke em but this might just work...

As for the PYRO...There's nothing like drinkin a beer, playin with fire, and then having good eats when youre through...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice dinner, Scott! I haven't cooked or grilled out for about 3 weeks
                    Those tri tip strips look great though!
                    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                    Weber Smokey Joe
                    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                    Pink Thermapen
                    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Kewl looking pics , and tasty looking dinner Scott
                      sigpic
                      homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Shoot fire damn man!! AWESOME!! And I love the sig pic...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Leonard Maurice!...I knowed ya dint want folks ta know yer middle name! Man...you on the throttle hard!...Lil shot of Sriracha on mine & a Natty...

Well you on it about pizza...used to take care of this Dudes airplane who owns 13 Pizza Hut's prior to franchising....His words were...near quote...that shit is made for selling, not eating....I ain't never had a pizza out of a box since! True!...Pass Me a Natty!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                          X