Meats, meats and more meats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meats, meats and more meats...

Smoked my first butt ham and first beef short ribs this past Monday, along with some PP and spares. Good times.
    I was very happy with the beef ribs. Special thanks to Rich for helping me with the butt ham.

The ham was good, saltier just under the surface, but was less toward the center. Anybody know how to remedy this? I've seen some talk about equalization time. Any advice would be welcomed.

Oak and apple. Apple juice spritz on everything except the ham. Pinapple rings and juice in the foil for the PP. Au jus in the foil for the short ribs. Did a 3-2.5-1 on the short ribs.

Didn't get much for plate pics. Too busy eating. Didn't get any finish pics of the spares. Just regular old spares, anyway.

Thanks for looking.

PP

Short ribs into the fridge overnight

In the tank

Short ribs ready for foil

PP ready for foil. First time I've done the scoring.

Ham done

Short ribs done

Dinner.
    Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
    Modified Chargriller RF
    250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Sure looks good! Made me hungry, but it's almost time for lunch.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Damn nice Dan! Nothing like a full smoker...worthy of points but damn...Im all out...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

That is a sweet looking smoker full of awesomeness. Man, I'm issuing up some for a spread like that...Keep 'em coming!
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Great work and display man... if i have any this early in day.....Like them brussels too...Mine are about a month away in garden

Comment

Nice great looking grub...

GOSM
            K.C.B.S Member # 60786
            Digital Thermometers
            Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
            140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Very nice
              sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
              30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

Nice Job ..... I especially like the looks of that Ham Oh, yeah I like the BS also....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by new smoke View Post
                  The ham was good, saltier just under the surface, but was less toward the center. Anybody know how to remedy this? I've seen some talk about equalization time. Any advice would be welcomed.
                  You can always "pull" salt out with a soak in clean water. Depending on how salty it is, it may take as short as 30 minutes. Most folks soak it for a little while and then do a fry test on a small chunk of the ham. Too salty still, change your water and soak some more. As far as equalizing, yeah, given some time to rest, the meat will equalize and distribute the salt more evenly.
                  JT

Comment

Looks awesome...well done.
                    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Working...
                    X