Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Saver Vacuum System. Whats your take on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Saver Vacuum System. Whats your take on it?

So I got a spam mail from FoodSaver, as many of you probably do!
    I don't have a system yet and know NOTHING about them.

Is this model any good? Is it worth $56?
    http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.asp...id=87&pid=8315

I dunno about that model, but I have used them for about 20 years & would not be without one.
    sigpic

Comment

it looks similar to mine and i love mine, I bought it in just be for grouse season and have'nt use freezer wrap since. I have vacumed sealed grouse venison veggies, used it to cure meat. no complaints so far
      sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
      members mark upright propane smoker
      kingsford bbq
      23"weber kettle

Comment

Me with Fish. It's a "must have", but I am not famiiar with that one.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

What models do you guys have? You favorite features? Something you don't like or does't work as well as you would like? I am seriously considering buying one if its at the discount price. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Comment

I have been using them for the last probly 15 yrs, maybe #4 now, very well worth the moeny spent..I have a "professional" model ..whatever. I purchased one that looks similure to the one you posted for my mother inlaw and she seems happy with it. I would be lost without em

Comment

Me & Louie got a old Kenmore from Sears...does real good. Now at work I ordered that 450 buck one from Cabelas for our helicopter parts...That sucker will suck....Rowdy Ray is the Cat Daddy to ask....he's probably livin it up at the hunting camp.
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Not familiar with that particular model. From what I can tell, different models are made for different retailers and outlets. I have one from Sam's club. I wouldn't be without it. The only issue I would point out is that if you are going to be doing a large volume of sealing, with frequent cycles, consider a "gamesaver" model. They are designed to do this without requiring a cooling cycle. Mine needs a little breather every now and then. That sounds like a killer price to me.
                sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Here's mine.... Model V845..... Nothing fancy

sigpic

Comment

Bought the v3460 yesterday for about $61.00 but see today its on backorder. It was about 60% and I figured I need one anyway so we shall see...

Comment

i have the same model (3440) and for that $$ you can't go wrong. there is a learning curve and yer not going to seal 50 bags in an hour with it but it has more than pd for itself in just saving food and for cures.....it is THE ticket. best feature is the "seal" button. you can detemine how much air you want out.........buy it!
                      sigpic
                      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                        i have the same model (3440) and for that $$ you can't go wrong. there is a learning curve and yer not going to seal 50 bags in an hour with it but it has more than pd for itself in just saving food and for cures.....it is THE ticket. best feature is the "seal" button. you can detemine how much air you want out.........buy it!
                        I should be getting it tomorrow $60.92 out the door!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Here's mine.... Model V845..... Nothing fancy

Love the FoodSaver pic!
                          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                          X