Louisville Cardinals !!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Cardinals !!!!!!!!

Win Big East regular season title and follow it up with the tournament championship. WTG CARDS! #1 seed in the Big Dance awaits.

I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park.
    Smoke n Pit

ECB

T-bone Grill Co.
    flat top grill

Originally posted by Smoking Gun View Post
    Win Big East regular season title and follow it up with the tournament championship. WTG CARDS! #1 seed in the Big Dance awaits.

I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park.
    Hey Gun, these guys down here feel LIKE the trailer in a tornado. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedQ View Post
      Hey Gun, these guys down here feel LIKE the trailer in a tornado. LOL
      Yea, count me as a one bummed UK fan. (I grew up on UK hoops before becoming an ILLINI) Billy G has one more year I would guess. But I am always happy to see Rick P do well.
      Glen
      Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
      KCBS CBJ
      Blue Thermopen
      Profile:
      http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

Sucks for UK to be in the NIT. This state is basketball crazy this time of year but when both teams are in the NCAAs it's even crazier. I think Billy has another year to turn it around but if Meeks and Patterson leave it won't be pretty.
        Smoke n Pit

ECB

T-bone Grill Co.
        flat top grill

Comment

Personally I think they should be thinking about getting rid of the AD "Barnhart" He is the guy that hired Billy G and Brooks the football coach. I hear folks saying Brooks has taken us to two bowl games. Yes and who has he beat in the SEC? There are so many bowl games that half of the university's go to bowl games.
          Eagle

Comment

Sucks for UK to be in the NIT. This state is basketball crazy this time of year but when both teams are in the NCAAs it's even crazier. I think Billy has another year to turn it around but if Meeks and Patterson leave it won't be pretty.
            You got it. Those U of L folks are lovin life right now. March is just great for hoops in the state of KY. The ILLINI play WKU where my uncle is a retired prof and my cousin is a grad. I asked my cuz what size shirt he wears so I can get him an ILLINI one. (I bought my uncle one a few yrs ago)

I think there is a chance Billy G is gone? What are you all hearing? Agree without Meeks and Patterson they are hurting. Stevens has great potential though.
            Glen
            KCBS CBJ
            Blue Thermopen
            Profile:

Comment

Watch that WKU team. If AJ Slaughter and Steffphon Pettigrew are hitting
              3s they're tough to beat. As far as Gillespie, Barnhart and UK president Lee Todd are going to have a meeting with him to review his job performance and the goals for the program. I'm hearing they'll insist he work on media relations and have him sign a real contract before he goes any farther at UK. The ball will then be in his court. IMO he'll be at UK for 1 more year minimum.
              I really don't think Perry Stevenson has what it takes to be a consistent contributor. He has flashes of brilliance and is an excellent shot blocker but he is lazy (by his own admission) and takes too many plays off. Other rumors are Liggins and AJ Stewart are likely to transfer after the season.
              Last edited by Smoking Gun; 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM.
              Smoke n Pit

ECB

T-bone Grill Co.
              flat top grill

Comment

Thanks. Looks like Chester is not going to be 100%. I might have to pick the Hilltoppers unfortunately. They are just not the same without him. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ory?id=3988220

I think Billy G gets one more year, too, but that will be it. I was one UK fan who liked Tubby fine. I agree the talent was at a lower level but the man can coach. (see Minn THIS year)

Agree with you on Stevenson.

Now that I live outside of Big Ten country, I will be going back to my SEC roots of watching UK until the Big Ten gets their head out and allows some rights on other networks.

Watch that WKU team. If AJ Slaughter and Steffphon Pettigrew are hitting
                3s they're tough to beat. As far as Gillespie, Barnhart and UK president Lee Todd are going to have a meeting with him to review his job performance and the goals for the program. I'm hearing they'll insist he work on media relations and have him sign a real contract before he goes any farther at UK. The ball will then be in his court. IMO he'll be at UK for 1 more year minimum.
                I really don't think Perry Stevenson has what it takes to be a consistent contributor. He has flashes of brilliance and is an excellent shot blocker but he is lazy (by his own admission) and takes too many plays off. Other rumors are Liggins and AJ Stewart are likely to transfer after the season.
                Glen
                KCBS CBJ
                Blue Thermopen
                Profile:

Comment

well my wife was a hilltoper... but i can't say nuttin' 'bout their sports.....

and whats that elmo thing anyway ?????
                  brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                  18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                  cast iron Hibachi
                  22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                  & rotisserator
                  12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                  stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                  Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                  http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                  my music recordings-
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                    well my wife was a hilltoper... but i can't say nuttin' 'bout their sports.....

and whats that elmo thing anyway ?????
                    You mean 'Big Red'? -- I guess he's a Hilltopper. One of my favorite mascots actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WKU_Big_Red.png
                    Glen
                    KCBS CBJ
                    Blue Thermopen
                    Profile:

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
                      Personally I think they should be thinking about getting rid of the AD "Barnhart"
                      Originally posted by flyin' illini View Post
                      I think Billy G gets one more year, too, but that will be it. I was one UK fan who liked Tubby fine. I agree the talent was at a lower level but the man can coach. (see Minn THIS year)
                      I agree 110%!!!!! Barnhart has not really done anything since taking over. I miss CM.

I'll give Billy G one more year but after that he needs to go. I know it's tough being the new coach and taking over a program, but Kentucky has NOT been Kentucky since he has been here. I liked Tubby just fine, too!!

I have worked at UK Medical Center for over 12 years and morale is down big time over all this. It's been crazy!

I think I'm a new Morehead State fan now!! Or maybe Louisville
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Tubby was a likeable guy. He just wasn't getting it done on the court. 9-7 in the SEC his last 2 years. AT UK that ain't gonna cut it. Pitino has these Cards playing some great ball right now. Fun to watch, much like his UK teams.
                        Smoke n Pit

ECB

T-bone Grill Co.
                        flat top grill

Comment

Tubby's talent was not on par when he left. I saw Joe Crawford play in HS and thought he would be 2 yrs then go to the Association but he was never that good on the DI level. (solid but not great)

I liked seeing Memorial Coliseum (sp?) on TV tonight. Very cool.

I have the 'Ville in the National final losing to Pitt. I pick like an analyst unfortunately. I decided my Illini will lose to WKU without their Point guard. If Lawson is out for UNC, I might have to dial back their tourney run. (I like them a lot with Lawson when they also defend.)

Tubby was a likeable guy. He just wasn't getting it done on the court. 9-7 in the SEC his last 2 years. AT UK that ain't gonna cut it. Pitino has these Cards playing some great ball right now. Fun to watch, much like his UK teams.
                          Last edited by flyin' illini; 03-17-2009, 11:46 PM.
                          Glen
                          KCBS CBJ
                          Blue Thermopen
                          Profile:

Comment

I am just glad my beloved (Florida State) Seminoles are actually in the dance. Been a long time since we have been dancing.
                            Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

The Noles are playing some great ball right now. Hamilton was an assistant to Joe B Hall at UK. They have Coach Hamilton on the Joe B and Denny radio show a lot. Great guy. Good luck, I have them winning some games in my bracket.
                              Smoke n Pit

ECB

T-bone Grill Co.
                              flat top grill

Comment

Working...
                              X