My first cheese smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first cheese smoke

Finally got around to trying to cold smoke some cheese. Got a pound each of sharp cheddar, mozzerella, colby jack and pepperjack

The smallest fire I have ever tended. LOL

But my temps are about right.

Cheese after about an hour in the smoker

All done. Smoked for about 2 hrs with apple wood. Temps averaged in the mid 80's.

This last pic is hard to judge. There is a definate color change to the outside and you can see a slight change in texture. We will have to see how it tastes in a few days.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Adam,

It all sure looks good. I know you didn't wait, and you had to go and have a taste. probably a good thing. because tomorrow or the next day when you really have a taste you'll see just how good this stuff is. WTG
    points for going out on a limb on a new project AND getting thru it . WTG buddy

Comment

That pepperjack's gonna make you cry you din't do 5 lbs ;{) Nice work!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

rockon.gifYeah Man! Be likin what I see!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

i have found that in using one pound chunks, they take better smoke flavor if i cut em half !

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            That pepperjack's gonna make you cry you din't do 5 lbs ;{) Nice work!
            What he^^^ said
            Brian
            http://www.youtube.com/user/btjohnson83
            You can follow me on twitter at
            http://www.twitter.com/btjohnson83

CGSP w/ mods
            38" Smoke Hollow/early fathers day gift, yay!
            wally world kettle grill

Comment

Thanks guys. I got plans for the pepperjack in a few days. I am gonna melt it inside some burritos. Sounds good to me. Can't wait to try them.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Looks perfect. The hard part is the waiting. That pepperjack is good stuff. Try it in some scrambled eggs. Mine disappeared too quickly.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

I need to get a few blocks smoked soon... It will be to hot here in the next month or so to do any...

Looks great wu...
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

get it vacpacked - or you'll just eat it all :-)

Nice job.
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                      get it vacpacked - or you'll just eat it all :-)

Nice job.

if I vac packed it, it would be a waste of a vac bag... be opening it all the time... great job on the cheese...

sigpic

Comment

Great job Wutang. I need to get some of this stuff smoked up before it gets too hot. My favorite is the chedder. Just goes good with everything and by itself. Wish I had 20 lbs of this stuff done up. Your going to love it.
                        Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Thanks guys. So far I have been holding out and haven't tasted any yet knowing that it will be worth the wait. I am definately ready to dig in to some of this!
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

i love pepper jack myself, but here locally, they have a new one. pepper colby/jack............my LORD is that some good stuff

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                              i love pepper jack myself, but here locally, they have a new one. pepper colby/jack............my LORD is that some good stuff
                              Where did you find it? That sounds good. Colby jack is one of my favorite cheeses for random snacking. Some smoked pepper colby jack sounds great.
                              KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Working...
                              X