Done for this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done for this year!

24° here and dropping to 13° tonight. JUst went out and picked the last of our kale growing right next to the house. That's the last thing out of the garden for this year except for some perreniels like sage, savory, thyme, and rosemary. We'll soon be out of the last fresh tomatoes from the garden, picked almost a month ago while mostly still green.

We got our front garden where tomatoes and chilis get planted, partially dug up a couple weeks ago to fix a water line that broke between the street and the house. Next year I'll have to put topsoil in it, because of all the clay that got turned up. Didn't can this year.... have enough we need to use up from the past couple years. We have a lot of movies recorded for those cold snowy winter days with not much to do outside but snow removal. I guess I'll start planning next years garden some time in February.
    DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Yeah, that really sounds like winter is on you when the garden is done. Just one more tick on the "gloomy" winter clock. Similiar temps here and about 1 ft of snow for the past few weeks.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

yep its winter here also about a foot of snow in my yard and below temps or near 0 every night and more on the way
      sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
      members mark upright propane smoker
      kingsford bbq
      23"weber kettle

Comment

On the bright side, I smoked some chicken, ribs, and a London Broil yesterday when temps were near freezing. No problem keeping my vertical smoker between 210 and 245° until I let it begin to die. I was even able to leave for awhile to run some errands.
        DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Now..Them green maters...batter & fry...some bacon fried...some lettuce Pray! Cheese...Toasted bread...Oh Man...I'm droolin...
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Just have broccoli and brussels myself....I will start my onions from seed january 15th for my beggining to 2011....

Comment

Working...
            X