Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat Slicer Recommendation!!!!

hey all
    can you all recommend a meat slicer in the $50.00 - $100.00 range that would be a good buy.....i found a waring pro FS150 at Sams for $50.00 but the reviews were not very stellar...so looking to my smoking brothers and sisters to see if you can give me a recommendation for a brand that would be a decent buy for the money.....thanks all
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    sigpic
    New Braunfels Bandera
    New Braunfels Hondo
    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
    1-26" Weber Kettle
    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Have your wife slice it...

GOSM
      K.C.B.S Member # 60786
      Digital Thermometers
      Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
      140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
        hey all
        can you all recommend a meat slicer in the $50.00 - $100.00 range that would be a good buy.....i found a waring pro FS150 at Sams for $50.00 but the reviews were not very stellar...so looking to my smoking brothers and sisters to see if you can give me a recommendation for a brand that would be a decent buy for the money.....thanks all
        Well just my .02 cents here, but the ones I have looked at in the stores, like the Waring, or Chefs Choice and similar are good slicers, they all, or at least I think all, have plastic gears.

Last month, I won a bid on ebay for one of the old Rival 1101 chrome ones. All steel gears and cuts like a freakin champ. They usually go for 20-40 bucks, but if you luck out like I did, you can get em cheaper. I paid 9 bucks for mine, and it was Unused. The cord still had the factory wrap on it.

Heres a link to one on ebay to see what they look like if interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIVAL-CHROME-ELE...item5adde341fb
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
          Well just my .02 cents here, but the ones I have looked at in the stores, like the Waring, or Chefs Choice and similar are good slicers, they all, or at least I think all, have plastic gears.

Last month, I won a bid on ebay for one of the old Rival 1101 chrome ones. All steel gears and cuts like a freakin champ. They usually go for 20-40 bucks, but if you luck out like I did, you can get em cheaper. I paid 9 bucks for mine, and it was Unused. The cord still had the factory wrap on it.

ok i bidded on this one we will see what happens....
          Mike
          Oklahoma City
          Weber 22.5 Performer
          GOSM 3405gw
          Boomer Sooner Drum
          Maverick ET-732
          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

I know your smilin when you tell that story....LOL
            sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
            members mark upright propane smoker
            kingsford bbq
            23"weber kettle

Comment

was thinking about picking one of this up today from academy sports but the reviews i have found on it is not very good does anyone own or has any experince with this model...its made by LEM.....

http://www.amazon.com/LEM-LEM%C2%99-.../dp/B001KRJMMO
              Mike
              Oklahoma City
              Weber 22.5 Performer
              GOSM 3405gw
              Boomer Sooner Drum
              Maverick ET-732
              A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Not familiar with that last one, although it is sold by a few different places under different names. I was thinking about this. A while back,I asked the same ? over at smf. Our good departed friend RonP mentioned the ones made by Chefs Choice. From what I remember, they had good reviews and were in the ballpark price range that your looking at.

Comment

MH have you cut any cheese on that? like those big logs of provalone? That puts a slicer to the test, most will cut meat fine but put some cheese on it and it will bog em down, just curious?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                    MH have you cut any cheese on that? like those big logs of provalone? That puts a slicer to the test, most will cut meat fine but put some cheese on it and it will bog em down, just curious?
                    I've sliced plenty of cheese with mine (same one MH has) and have not had a problem. Cheese needs to go right from the fridge to the slicer. You can also put the cheese in the freezer for no more than 5 minutes and it's good to go slicer wise. Here's some pepper jack.

Last edited by Mikey; 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM. Reason: forgot pic
                    sigpic
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    New Braunfels Hondo
                    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                    1-26" Weber Kettle
                    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Hey there Pandy, How ya doin?
                      Yes, the first thing I cut with it was a block of cheddar. Of course you can't just ram it in there, but feed it as fast as the blade can cut it and no problem, cut's right thru. I'm talking about my rival here, not the Chefs Choice that I mentioned above. There are so many variations on those old Rivals, not sure what all the numbers mean like 1101E and so on. I think most are just cosmetic differences. It's not a bad slicer at all and I was willing to go 50 bucks on it on the ebay auction.

Some day I will buy a large commercial one, like a good hobart or globe or berkel, but for now, she works fine for what I need.

Comment

Hey there Pandy, How ya doin?
                        Yes, the first thing I cut with it was a block of cheddar. Of course you can't just ram it in there, but feed it as fast as the blade can cut it and no problem, cut's right thru. I'm talking about my rival here, not the Chefs Choice that I mentioned above. There are so many variations on those old Rivals, not sure what all the numbers mean like 1101E and so on. I think most are just cosmetic differences. It's not a bad slicer at all and I was willing to go 50 bucks on it on the ebay auction.

Some day I will buy a large commercial one, like a good hobart or globe or berkel, but for now, she works fine for what I need.
                        Ok the only reason I asked was because I wore out two chefs choice 610's with the provolone and I bet its harder to cut then the big cheddar logs I would think because its quite bigger. How is the cleanup on the chrome one?
                        I will have to try and win a cheap one from ebay
                        Last edited by Pandemonium; 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Well i will still stay away from egay with the rip off shipping rates 30 bucks to ship the slicer bs man

Comment

Ok the only reason I asked was because I wore out two chefs choice 610's with the provolone and I bet its harder to cut then the big cheddar logs I would think because its quite bigger. How is the cleanup on the chrome one?
                            I will have to try and win a cheap one from ebay
                            I had a commercial berkel? in a pizza shop. we cut Boars Head products. Provolone gave it hell sometimes, especially the last inch. Provolone is pretty soft and tends to grab the blade more than, say, american(still a soft cheese). Cheddar is probably much easier to cut. Just have to slice is fast and cold. Dont use oil to try to lube it, makes everything worse! Soapy water(dish soap) is the best cleaning solution also. Nothing fancy needed. Just plan on cheese dominating your slicer if you're not patient.

Comment

Found these close to home here... looks like something I need to check into! Have you been watching CL out your way?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X