Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliante corned beef...

Happy Sunday to all!
    Got a really late start as Cabana boy had a game today... Starting the spring select tournament.... Spring, love spring, Capt Dan in his speedo, my night blooming jasmine is starting to bloom, baseball.. fresh nectarines... oh I digress..

Here Is the start...

I am blessed to live in an area where I have access to many different types of markets... I found these little jewels in a Vietnamese Market near me, they are black licorice melon seeds, initally I bought them for salads.. but they were a tad bit hard to chew.. so into the blender they go 1 cup of them with 1/2 cup blk peppercorns....then I added some turbinado..

slathered the twins with maple syrup then rubbed...gonna mop with Guinness..

More to follow.. thanks for checking my q-vue!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

I'll stay tuned!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Kelly, Looking good. Congrats to Cabano Boy. AND please don't keep bringing Capt Dan in a speedo up. <shivers suddenly>

Looking forward to the progress on this one. BUT do tell more about these black licorice melon seeds, they sound interesting.

Comment

Hey Kev! LOL!!
        here is a link to get them on line .. http://www.asianwok.com/store/pc/vie...idproduct=2092

I find the coolest stuff in this particular store, mostly I have to come home and google the translation... I love blk licorice and i had a salad I was working on that these would have gone great on, but they were not at crunch as a pumpkin seed, but rather chewy, not a great texture for a salad. I tried toasting them but that did not work well either. I think they will be wonderful paired with the blk pepper.. If it turns out I am going try them in a brine next...

Comment

I've said it many times before but need to express it again, you're quite the spice doctor when it comes to using different things for your rubs, Chef Kel. This is going to be really good ... can't wait for more pics!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
          Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
            Hey Kev! LOL!!
            here is a link to get them on line .. http://www.asianwok.com/store/pc/vie...idproduct=2092

I find the coolest stuff in this particular store, mostly I have to come home and google the translation... I love blk licorice and i had a salad I was working on that these would have gone great on, but they were not at crunch as a pumpkin seed, but rather chewy, not a great texture for a salad. I tried toasting them but that did not work well either. I think they will be wonderful paired with the blk pepper.. If it turns out I am going try them in a brine next...
            yeah, i'm a big black licorice fan. it peeked my interest. I'll check out the link thanks.

Comment

Looks really good Kelly! Can't wait to see the finish product! I am a black licorice fan as well.
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

at about 3/4 of the way...

They smell amazing, I think the licorice, the blk pepper and the Guinness was a great call!!

this is what was going on today at our house....

and this...
                they have taped a chit load of bottle rockets to this can... 16 yr olds this is how Rich started out Im sure...

more view to follow as we do the finale!
                No it did not take flight, some structure problems... Thank God!
                Thanks for peekin'

Comment

Looks excellent. Waiting for the sliced pics.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Here is the first one off le smoker....

sliced in half

sorry about the dark picture...but sliced..
                    the flavor is excellent, the pairing of the licorice and the black pepper has made the "best one yet" according to cabana boy, baby sis even likes it.. this is gonna make an incredible sammie with Guinness mayo!!

Thanks for checking out my view!

Comment

That be lookin really good! rockon.gif May hafta try that mayo!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Kelly, this sounds and looks wonderfulisious. ya have my attention with the black licorice touch. :-)

Comment

Very nice. Looks delicious. Great color.
                          Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Congrats on your "best one yet"!!!
                            Looks dang good Kel!
                            Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                            http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Perfect Kelly.
                              sigpic

Comment