Kingsford Competition Briquets $4.00 a bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsford Competition Briquets $4.00 a bag

I just came back from my local Home Depot and they had the 12 # Kingsford Competition Briquets yellow tagged for $4.00 a bag(60% off). Might want to check your local store.

Not bad a'tall. I bought a bag last month. It ain't lump, but it's OK. Some folks swear by it tho. I gave the rest of the bag to Smitty.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

will do. thanks for the heads up my man.

i use them on a regular basis. 2 reasons... relatively cheap and consistent. natural lump is better (i think so anyway), but the kingsford is more stable and easier for me to control/predict. it's cooler burning too... RO tends to spike on me and stay pretty high... around 300-320. the kingsford is closer to about 250 or so in the fridge.

I actually picked up about 50 lbs of stubb's while it was on sale a month or so ago... good stuff, but even hotter than the lump. around 350-400, depending on the wind.

Later,
      Andy
      Current babies:
      -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
      -RichTee's Lang :)
      Former Lineup:
      -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
      -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
      -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
      -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
      BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

I'm on for some...Use about 6-8 briqs... get er hotter than a blowed coal with the weed burner...Oak on that...we on it!...Hell Yeah...it's Friday night steak night & dis ol Cat Daddy is on it for Louie!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

CRAP!!! Closest Home Depot is over an hour from here, and we're lookin' at blizzard conditions tomorrow....

I've used the comp. briqs before and liked them...cept for their price tag.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.... I use em & me ol Kettle supply is getting low.... Gonna be in their tomorrow!
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, I like the Kingsford Comp in the UDS. Got 2 and 1/2 bags in the garage still. Best stuff I can get around here.

But now the local Walmart is actually carrying RO lump so I might have to branch out a bit.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
              X