Squirrel's Cheesecake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrel's Cheesecake

Okay, this is a picture heavy post, but I wanted to share some of my tricks when making cheesecake. I make alot of them and my most favorite recipe is courtesy of Ina Garten. Here's the link to the recipe in case any of you want to try it. It is very easy and so yummy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html

I use my own topping and that changes along with my mood. If you use this recipe please note that her time is off. First, bake it at 450F for 10 minutes, lower temp to 225F and bake for 1 hr and 25 minutes.

My first tip is lining the bottom of the spring form pan with parchment paper. This makes it a snap to remove from the pan.

I use the cinnamon honey made grahams. Grind in food processor, add butter and sugar and use a small glass to mash into pan. Bake for 7 minutes.

While the crust is cooling I mixed the cream cheese and sugar until nice and creamy. Then added the eggs one by one until they just disappear. Then add the sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla. Poured it in the pan and started baking.

The crack usually happens, even if I use a water bath, but it can easily be repaired. Cover and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours. Overnight is best. Using a small spatula that has soaked in a glass of hot tap water begin the repair. I liken it to mudding sheetrock. In order to get that perfect seam, you gotta be gentle and take your time, working it a little and reheating your spatula.

See. Never happened.

My last tip is if you want to get that perfect slice put your knife under hot running tap water and make your cut. Rinse it under the tap before making the next cut. Thanks for checking out my yummy cheesecake!!!

Are you friggin kiddin me? You know how to mud sheetrock too!!!!??

Lol fantastic looking cheesecake Squirrel!
    sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

The wife loves to make cheesecakes. Added this one to the recipe box. Thanks Looks great and some good tips.
      https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Way to fill in your crack squirrel!!

Great looking cheese cake... I love me some cheese cake!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

cheesecake is my favorite dessert of all time....and i am keeping this one in the recipe box.....thanks for sharing and yours looks outstanding.....
          Mike
          Oklahoma City
          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
          Weber 22.5 Performer
          GOSM 3405gw
          Boomer Sooner Drum
          Maverick ET-732
          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Looks fantastic. Nice patch job too. Thanks.............aw hell.........

Comment

Beautiful cheese cake, Cheryl! Damn, I just had to loosen my belt another notch.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great Looking Cheesecake you got there Cheryl...

Comment

Yuuummmmmmmmmm!! Oh yeah baby, I would definately eat that!!!

Comment

Man Damn!...I do like me cheesecake! Appreciate the recipe...on it! Ya really do it right!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Yup I could lick that crack! Nice repair and thanks or the recipe too. Looks good! And to ya!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                        Beautiful cheese cake, Cheryl! Damn, I just had to loosen my belt another notch.
                        With her avitars are you sure you loosened it for the cheesecake
                        Last edited by Scarbelly; 12-13-2010, 10:56 PM.
                        Scarbelly

Comment

Cheryl that is awesome. Lets see dry ice and overnite shipping and I could be a happy man -
                          Scarbelly

Comment

Awesome post and a great walk through. The cheese cake looks fabulous Than you for sharing your know how
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

WHOA DUDE! That is an awsome looking cheesecake and one of my weaknesses too BTW!

You deserve Mom's wooden spoon award for that one!

Smokers:
                              ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
                              SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
                              River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X