Well ain't that a B*@&H!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well ain't that a B*@&H!!!!

man i am so bummed right now...been looking for a meat slicer and i think it was meat hunter and mikey got me turned on to ebay on the all metal rival slicers ...well i won a auction and got a good deal i think was going to pay for it tonight and then i got this email from the seller

To: doctorphreak1971
    Subject: ladylocks33 sent a message about VINTAGE RIVAL ELECTR-O-MATIC DELI FOOD MEAT SLICER SS #110622468347
    Sent Date: Dec-14-10 05:21:38 PST

Dear doctorphreak1971,

Please do not send payment for this item, it was damaged during packing and cannot be sold in this condition. Please accept my apology and I hope this situation will not cause you any inconvenience.

ladylocks33

VINTAGE RIVAL ELECTR-O-MATIC DELI FOOD MEAT SLICER SS
    Item Id: 110622468347
    End time: Dec-13-10 20:01:22 PST
    Buyer:
    doctorphreak1971 (9)
    100.0% Positive Feedback
    Member since Aug-17-05 in United States

damn this sucks ...well back to the drawing board .....i am very grateful that this seller sent a email to me very quickly and accidents do happen...well try again
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

That sucks, but sounds like a stand up seller. They could of just chucked it in the box and then blamed UPS...or just sent it damaged and said you bought it, you got it (which has happened to me).

I'm pretty sure you will get the best one...Good things happen to good people.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

What the hell was she using to pack it with, a front end loader? I used to own one of those and it doesn't get damaged in packing.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

find out exactly how 'damaged' it is - might just be cosmetic and you could offer her a lower price :-)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

ask for a picture

Maybe he will lower the price. If it is a knob or something simple that does not affect the operation it may still be ok.

Comment

there will be another man, just keep an eye out. personally i would rather have gotten the message than the damaged goods. i checked the seller and has a 100% rating for past 12 months and is a "top rated seller", dont think to believe anything but an unfortunate incident...
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

well i was going to try to help you & a lot of sales had minutes or a couple hours left on rival slicers. but type "vintage rival slicer" in & the same slicers are 3x the price w/ 3-28 days left on the auction.

i'd hit local craigslist or if it's like around here,there are all kinds of auctions & used restaurant supply places.

what size blade & how much are you willing to pay? I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.
              oops...

personally i'd go after that globe i sent you the link to- it's 125# & shipping would kill but it'll last another 50 years.
              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
              cast iron Hibachi
              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
              & rotisserator
              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
              my music recordings-
              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

The story sounds fishy but if its true at least they didnt mail you a broken slicer.

Comment

Hey, anything could have happened. Trying to box it up and it slips from the hands to the floor... next thing ya' know, it's a bent and broken mess. You'll find one brother...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

yea im glad they are the type of seller thats says oops we aint selling this to you damaged....my hat off to them for being a stand up ebay seller....one of the reasons i hate buying stuff off of ebay that it could be damage and they can say it was fine when they shippped then you're stuck with something you can't use.....so i sure there will be another one just got to keep a eye out.....sure would like to have tho it looked nice...
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Its real easy to drop large items. And large items tend to break real quick when dropped from 3ft high. I would say she isn't shady because there is no gain for her to post a fake sale just to rescind it for fun. Good luck on your search! I will be searching soon enough myself.

Comment

Well that certainly sucks. But, I believe things happen for a reason, so maybe there is a bigger and better deal in your future. Ebay has done a pretty good job at weeding out the worthless sellers, and a good high feedback score on any seller is a good indication of how good they are. I would follow up and see how damaged it was and maybe its just something cosmetic

If I can ask, what price did you win the auction at?
                        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                          Well that certainly sucks. But, I believe things happen for a reason, so maybe there is a bigger and better deal in your future. Ebay has done a pretty good job at weeding out the worthless sellers, and a good high feedback score on any seller is a good indication of how good they are. I would follow up and see how damaged it was and maybe its just something cosmetic

If I can ask, what price did you win the auction at?
                          $20.00 for the slicer and $12.00 for shipping
                          Mike
                          Oklahoma City
                          Weber 22.5 Performer
                          GOSM 3405gw
                          Boomer Sooner Drum
                          Maverick ET-732
                          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Yeah that was a great price. Keep lookin for em on there. They are a damm fine slicer for the size and price.
                            https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Makes me wonder if the seller was having "seller's remorse" wanting more for it? Nothing you can do about it, but could watch their future auctions out of curiosity....
                              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X