new stufffer......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stufffer......

Ordered a new stuffer Sunday night from Cabalas and it showed up today.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Westo...ausage+stuffer

This thing is huge and heavy. I am use to using a 5lber but hate the refills.

I got the 11lb version but am a little disappointed in a few things.

The container has about a 4 inch seam/groove that has been ground down poorly.

The fine shipping folks packed some other items that I ordered inside the box causing the canister to come loose.

The loose canister rubbed the paint off in numerous spots. I guess I really did not like the color anyway

The folks that run around in the big brown truck beat the crap out of the package as well.

The small tube will not fit 17mm casings, oh well I guess I will just have t order 21's

It comes with a 1 year warranty, and a card saying to call them first for any issues before returning it from the point of purchase. I will call them tommorow to see what they are going to do.

The thing seems to be well built, the plunger is cast alum with a really thick seal.

Man that sucks about the shipping issues....I once had Fedex keep my dehydrator for over 90 days!!!!!

I got a 5 lb stuffer and I knew the first time I used it I should have gotten a bigger one. I bought mine at industrial Supply and its a good one just too dang small when doing a bunch of sausage
    RIP!!!Smoke Wagon Victims

Comment

Looks like a good deal for the price. I'm still looking for a 15 pound. We rarely make any less than a 25 pound batch so it would be handy to only have to refill once. Congrats on the new toy.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Cabelas rocks on customer service. They speak and understand english. Make sure and save the box it was shipped in it has your return lable on it. Don't worry they'll fix it. That's why I pay a little more and shop Cabelas. They did me right on a 700 dollar grinder. They had a new one in the mail before I even returned the damaged one.
        JT

Comment

Sorry to hear, i wonder why ups is even in business anymore? They are notorious for beating the piss out off the packages, I wouldnt use them if I ran a business.

Comment

Nice looking stuffer. Sucks that it got all banged up.
            Propane Smoke Shack
            UDS
            Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
            sigpic

Comment

I like the looks of that one also..... Hope it all ends well.... Cabela's has taken car of me for 25+ years.... I do not hesitate to order from them, or call them when something is not right.... It has always been corrected.... Call them if you are not happy, they will take care of you.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                I like the looks of that one also..... Hope it all ends well.... Cabela's has taken car of me for 25+ years.... I do not hesitate to order from them, or call them when something is not right.... It has always been corrected.... Call them if you are not happy, they will take care of you.
                Exactly... and actually if you check the difference between BPS, or other locations they generally are pretty close if not exact in price. But Cabelas customer service is second to none. I have never had a problem with any issue i have had with customer service on item purchased from them. and its rare you need them but if you do they handle it and handle it fast.

i am sure if you give them a call they will happily take care of you...
                Last edited by erain; 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM.
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

seriously good price for s decent sized stuffer.
                  Nice deal - as long as they fix it for you :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I'm sure Cabelas will take care of it, I hear ya on the brown truck morons, I ordered a $1800 guitar, and those a**holes left the box in my driveway, yeah the shipping box wasn't marked what was inside, but you think they would have left it by the door. and another thing that I found strange, my son had to send his Ipod in for repairs, and when it came back I had to sign for it, that thing cost less than $150 bucks, but they left my $1800 guitar in my driveway, and I didn't have to sign for that.

GOSM
                    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                    Digital Thermometers
                    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Dont worry...Weston has great customer support. all but 1 of my toys are weston and They have always made my wrongs right. As does Cabelas. If you have one near id try to exchange it myself. good luck!

Comment

New one is on the way

Called weston as the note in the box says, had to leave a message, played phone tag for a day. When I explained the damage to them and told them that all I wanted was them to replace the parts that were damaged, and I would replace them, I was told that they do not stock those parts and refered me to Cabelas.

Called them a number of time and sat on hold for 20 minitues at a time before I had to hang up and try back. I understand tis the season,

Called back on Friday afternoon someone picked the phone up after waiting about 45 min. Apologized that it was damaged switched me over to shipping, verified my order and is sending a new one out.

Waiting to see if the big brown truck destroys this one. Hopefully I will see it today.

Still some in stock and still on sale.

Comment

I'm glad to hear everyone has had good customer service experiences with Cabelas. I had a terrible one with them about ten years ago, and while I still do business with them, I don't get near as much gear there as I used to (course as I get older, I find I pretty much have accumulated all I need).
                          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                          X