Hawg Heaven's Christmas Eve BBQ Order 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawg Heaven's Christmas Eve BBQ Order 2010

All of a sudden, I got a flurry of orders for Christmas Eve... WOOHOO!! Got 6 racks of BBs, 3 briskies, and 2 pork Butts to do. Looks like I'll be cooking all day tomorrow.

Once the brisket is done, rested, and sliced, it's off to the vacu-suck machine. The butts will get pulled into PP, then they too will get sucked and frozen. The beauty of the bagging and freezing... the customer just has to drop the bags in boiling water to reheat.

I've had great success in vacu-sucking the rack of ribs whole and freezing them. Thaw them out, remove from the bag, and place in a pan with a little apple juice, then seal the pan with foil and reheat in the oven at 350 for approximately 20 to 30 minutes...

There will be pix of this as it unravels, so stay tuned...
    Last edited by HawgHeaven; 12-20-2010, 05:31 PM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

sounds like you are going to be a busy man this weekend.....
    gotta tell the best ribs i have ever done was vac pak and froze and then reheated about 2 weeks later the same way you did it and man those were good.....makin my mouth water
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Hey Phillip, You apparently don't cut individual bones of them ribs before Vac SUCK. Holy Cow that is alot of plastic though ain't it? Congrats on the orders.

Comment

Awesome buddy! That rocks you got some great orders. I'm just starting to do the freezing then dropping in simmering water method. I'm digging it too. Especially for individual steaks or chicken hooties. Looking forward to some Q-view!

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
          Hey Phillip, You apparently don't cut individual bones of them ribs before Vac SUCK. Holy Cow that is alot of plastic though ain't it? Congrats on the orders.
          Nope, I don't cut them up, except if the customers want it that way. They all seem to enjoy the full racks better. As far as bag useage, I use the 8" bags for them... and yeah, I go thru a bit of them, butt not too bad.

Squirrel, I LOVE dropping my meat in a hot tub of water... wait... well... you know what I mean...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
            Holy Cow that is alot of plastic though ain't it?
            Having just spent $80-odd dollars on "plastic" (And good deal at that...) I gotta start realizing it's a buck a foot retail.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice Phil....Lucky folk too....

Comment

Phil, did you get my order, I thought I faxed it yesterday. Oh well, if I didn't, just send the sample platter.

Comment

Originally posted by rpmorey View Post
                  Phil, did you get my order, I thought I faxed it yesterday. Oh well, if I didn't, just send the sample platter.
                  I'll email your order when it is completed...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Jump on it Cat Daddy! Uhhh...mind yer meat in the hot water!...
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

This is one I been waiting for
                      Nothing gets any better than POp pops full smoker pics
                      2-22.5'' weber
                      1-18'' weber
                      1 smokey joe
                      22.5'' wsm
                      24'' smoke vault
                      1-outhouse
                      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Congrats on the gig, Phil! Looking forward to the pics.
                        sigpic
                        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Sounds like you are gonna be busy Phil...

Comment

Holy, your High on the Hawg Highness!! Damn straight Get R Done big buddy Pop Pop...yeah come on, bring it on back now! ( me best CB jargon) I can't wait to see Mike's sig lady unravel... errr uh I mean... whew baby... let me clear me thoughts real quick brotha. Hmmmmmmm (best cyber meditation I got) Rock that gig Phil. Good on ya my friend! Can't wait to check out the haul \_/ !!
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Slight Revision...

... I'll be cooking Sunday (tomorrow), not today as planned. Seems there's a conflict between me babysitting me firebox and Christmas shopping... Oh well, it's all good... stay tuned on the morrow!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X