need some help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help..

I’m new to smoking and im doing my research on all the smokers. If I bought a pellet smoker, my question is how much pellets do you go through on while using the smoker? Do you think the pellet smoker is the best way to go? Thanks for the help!

Welcome to Smoked-Meat, EGH! I do not use those type units, so I can't help you, but quite a few do use the pellet-poopers. I'm sure someone can give you some info on this. Might help if you had a brand in mind?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Someone who is familiar with pellet poopers should be along shortly to help you out.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Have you checked the websites of those companies that sell them? They should have at least the basic info. then when you decide which two or three your looking at ask around here for specifics. World of info on this site.
        www.nopigleftbehind.com
        -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by egh5543 View Post
          I’m new to smoking and im doing my research on all the smokers. If I bought a pellet smoker, my question is how much pellets do you go through on while using the smoker? Do you think the pellet smoker is the best way to go? Thanks for the help!
          First welcome to this forum.
          Second all pellet grills/smokers use about the same on average. When smoking a shoulder for 15 hours they use about 1/2 pound an hour. When max out on high 2 pounds or more an hour. I am been using a pellet smoker for over 3 years and enjoy it. I do not miss my stick burner at 3 in the morning.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X